Visa being activated too early

Old Aug 6th 2013, 4:54 pm
HPP
Just Joined

HPP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa being activated too early

Hi - wonder if anyone else has had this issue? I've got a 2 yr work visa for when I start my job in January which has just been approved. During the application I've arranged a short visa to NZ in a couple of weeks time and have found out this will trigger my visa, so in effect will need to apply for a new one 3 months before I'm due to leave. Has anyone had this and managed to persuade immigration not to activate. I've tried.

Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa being activated too early

You don't happen to be a dual citizen who could pop to NZ on your non UK passport, could you?

Short of that, you may be struggling what with the protocols and processes around visas.

I hope someone else can give you some better and ultimately more positive news that me.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a look at the Operations Manual and can't find anything relevant that will help. I can't believe that there isn't some way round this instead of reapplying
Have you tried taking it higher up at NZIS? Would your employer be willing to help? Maybe contact the MP of the area you're moving to? It seems a bit extreme to have to do that!. Sorry, I have no advice that can help you.

I'm not convinced entering under a different passport will help, don't they ask for all other citizenships when you apply? Also that other passport may not be from a visa waiver country so may require a visitor visa. I'd assume they have the ability to match the person rather than the passport. Remember, Big Brother is watching you!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:32 pm
HPP
Just Joined

HPP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replies. I had escalated this. Reasons given is that the system can't cope with 2 valid visas at the same time (travelling on a UK passport so will trigger a temp visa when I enter, so work visa takes precedent) and they aren't flexible enough to ensure this doesn't happen. Not the end of the world but may be useful people to know. If I'd known, I would have delayed my visa application until I returned in Sept.