Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Visa for Australian pr with indian passport

Visa for Australian pr with indian passport

Old Apr 10th 2013, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Visa for Australian pr with indian passport

Hi,

I have been living in Sydney for a year and half with pr visa and indian passport.

My company has asked me to go to Wellington for a business trip.

I wanted to know if I need to get a visa for this, so I called the nz embassy in Sydney and asked they said it was not required. I am not sure if my understanding is correct or I asked the question incorrectly.

Thanks for the clarification
Old Apr 11th 2013, 1:43 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for Australian pr with indian passport

sorry not sure but surely your company should be working that out as its them that wants to send you
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:19 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahmedwaseem2000
Hi,

I have been living in Sydney for a year and half with pr visa and indian passport.

My company has asked me to go to Wellington for a business trip.

I wanted to know if I need to get a visa for this, so I called the nz embassy in Sydney and asked they said it was not required. I am not sure if my understanding is correct or I asked the question incorrectly.

Thanks for the clarification
Considering Australian Permanent Residents can get New Zealand PR by arriving in the country, a work trip shouldn't be an issue.

From the immigration website:

You do not need a work visa to work in New Zealand if you are:

a New Zealand citizen or you hold a New Zealand residence class visa, or
an Australian citizen, or the holder of a current Australian permanent residence visa including a current Australian resident return visa. (If there are conditions on your residence visa/resident return visa, then you will require a work visa.)
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:49 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Do I need to apply for a Business Visitor Visa?

You do not need to apply for a Business Visitor Visa prior to travel, if:
1.You have not already exceeded the maximum stay as a Business Visitor of three months in a calendar year (looking at the 12 months immediately before your upcoming travel to NZ); and
2.You are a Citizen of one of the countries listed on our Visa Waiver list.

You will still need to meet the requirements for Visitors from Visa Waiver countries.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quickcheck.htm Gives you a quick check on visitors.

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1068

You should be issued a residence class visa on arrival in NZ. It does however mention that the rules are different if you are a temporary resident in Australia
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the information and links
Cheers!!