British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Visa approved (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-approved-790544/)

Firestorm333 Mar 14th 2013 5:38 pm

Visa approved

Just had conformation e-mail off NZI that my temp work visa has been approved, was hopin for 2yrs but they.ve only give me 12mths . Is it possible to extend before 12mths is up. or how soon can i apply for permanent visa . I will be starting a permanent job if that makes any difference . your thoughts and advice please :sneaky:......... apart from that well pleased...:amen:

MrsFychan Mar 14th 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Visa approved

we had our EOI in the pool when hubby got a job and started work. he also got a temp work visa. we just updated the EOI to add the offer of work and the application was selected on the next selection date and it took just over 3mths to get the blueys into the passport. because hubby had worked for over 3mths on the work visa the restrictions on the PR visa were lifted. So I think if you are sure you want to stay here get the EOI going as soon as

Firestorm333 Mar 14th 2013 7:07 pm

Cheers Mrs F . panic stations now , hopin to leave on 27th: arrive on 29th just waiting to here back off NZ employer to dot a few I's and cross afew T.s ect :thumbsup:

MrsFychan Mar 14th 2013 7:24 pm

just a bit of info, my hubby had to get the employer to rewrite his contract a couple of times to get it passed with Immigration to obtain the PR. Mind you he got offered the job on a Friday, got the Temp work visa the same day and was working on the Saturday so it was all very urgent for the company to employ him so that could be why the contract wasn't up to scratch for Immigration to approve. Just make sure you know what is required for Immigration to approve and make sure its right.

Firestorm333 Mar 14th 2013 9:31 pm

Quick question how long does it normally take for your passports to come back from nzi london ?

MrsFychan Mar 14th 2013 11:25 pm

hubby was in NZ from the Sept, ITA was submitted end of Oct approved beginning of Feb. We joined husband in January on a visitors visa so on approval we got the application transferred over to Wellington NZ and that and getting the visa in passports took about a week. they did muck up the stamp initially and put the one with the restriction on in the passports (hubby had already been working here for more than 3mths) but someone picked up on it before we popped down to pick them up so it took another day, which was quite nice as meant we actually got them on valentines day :D

MrsFychan Mar 14th 2013 11:26 pm

ahh you are probably asking about the temp visa. not sure hubby popped into Wellington Immigration and got it the same day as his job offer, within a few hours actually

simonsi Mar 15th 2013 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Firestorm333 (Post 10604340)
Quick question how long does it normally take for your passports to come back from nzi london ?

We had ours back in 5 days door-to-door for a work visa. This was in June 2010.

Firestorm333 Mar 15th 2013 6:44 am

Thanks guys hopin to fly on 27th /3 , just ichin to press the confirm button on flight booking :D .Then start whole eoi ect as soon as i get all paper work back :fingerscrossed: Thanks again and any body readin this whose thinking of using an adviser DON'T ..................................

M_and_M Mar 17th 2013 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Firestorm333 (Post 10604340)

My temp visa (that I had to get cos the ITA wont be done fast enough) took 6 working days. I took the application into the offices myself by hand with a covering letter saying that it was urgent.

Hubby is staying here in the UK till the house sells, and has the ITA to send off, inside which is a certified copy of my passport and the temp visa page (because obviously I will be taking it with me to NZ in a few weeks!) :D

Job starts on 15 April for me. good luck Firestorm.

M_and_M Mar 17th 2013 10:04 pm

(oh and this was Feb that I took it in... see the blog for the timeline of events)

Firestorm333 Mar 18th 2013 2:51 am

Thanks M-M and go luck to you , quite daunting when you stop to think , but onward and upward as they say :D I did,nt expect visa so soon ,posted Monday approval thursday 3days :eek:.As i say just waitin for passport and then start the whole process again for Oh and our son ,EOI ect .......:fingerscrossed:

M_and_M Mar 18th 2013 5:27 am

You will probably get it back today. It only took a day or so from when the approved went up on the site to when I had it delivered back through my door

Firestorm333 Mar 18th 2013 6:00 am

This may sound stupid . does medical report ect all get returned as well :confused:

Persephone Mar 18th 2013 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Firestorm333 (Post 10610016)
This may sound stupid . does medical report ect all get returned as well :confused:

Congratulations:thumbsup: You can apply for residency as soon as you have enough points or apply for more than one visa at the same time if you need to.

My medical report did not get returned but I did photocopy it before sending it in so I do have a copy.

Your report will 'last' for 36months now it has been submitted to NZIS so depending on which medical form you did then you may not need to repeat them for the SMC application.