Visa Application Query

Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wilderbeest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Application Query

Hi,

My husband has a job offer (with an accredited employer) and he is thinking of applying under the WTR route as it will probably be faster (we were planning on going for PR).

Can someone please advise (as we are very very confused) what type of visa I (the wife) should apply under? I am working at the moment in the UK but do not plan to work in NZ as I will be looking after our 1 year old daughter.

Also, what type of visa should we apply for our daughter?

Thanks in advance
B
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Visa Application Query

As this is a job offer with an accredited employer then hubby will apply using the Work to Residence category.

As his partner,you will be granted a work visa/permit on the back of his application under the family stream but you do need to fill in a separate temporary work visa form and include your documents about your relationship.

For your daughter, I believe it will be an extended visitors visa as the dependant child of a person issued with a temporary work visa/permit. Again that is a separate form.

hope this helps.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply Bev.

Can you please confirm, for myself would that be both of the forms below? Bear in mind I will NOT be working in NZ.

Work Visa/ Permit Application (INZ 1015)
Partners Supporting Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications (INZ 1146)

Thanks again
B
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

We contacted immigration yesterday and they said for myself I should fill in INZ 1015 under the 'Family Work Policy' but when you get to the bit where you tick that option in the form, it then tells you to go to section 'N' which specifically says only complete this section if you partner is a NZ citizen or permit holder, which my husband isn't and won't be (he is applying under 1015 under the WTR policy and will get a Visa).

This is all very confusing, looks like another call to immigration tomorrow but in the meantime I'd appreciate any advice.

p.s immigration also said my OH should compelete the INZ 1146 as he is the principal applicant who is supporting me.

Last edited by Wilderbeest; Jul 1st 2009 at 10:13 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'll go look to refresh my memory and get back to you. I have to pop out at the moment.

We'll sort it out.

Oh ! and sorry I didn't get back to you about the forms. I did mean to. My cat was quite badly injured and after that I forgot about you.
not that you're forgettable you understand
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

That would be very much appreciated Bevs!

BTW, we should have our medicals and police checks by the end of the week so really looking to get the forms filled in and off at the weekend.

Hope your cat is ok!

B