British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   visa advice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-advice-860586/)

Elwakdy Jun 23rd 2015 12:16 am

visa advice

Hi everybody,

I am from Egypt. I got an invitation to apply for a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa. I have some inquires about this visa and I hope to get a reply on these questions from you:

1- After I send my documents to London Office for getting a job search visa, I would like to know "How much time I should wait to get this visa?"

2- Do I have to pay money to get this visa or not?

3- What is best and fast ways to get a job offer in New Zealand?

I hope to find answers on these questions .....

Thank you very much

Have a Great and Fantastic Day

MrsFychan Jun 23rd 2015 12:47 am

Re: visa advice

so you have applied via the Silver Fern Visa? you have already paid some money to submit the initial application? Yes when you send in your documents for the visa you will need to send in the amount they are requesting to work through your application.
Silver Fern Job Search Visa

Elwakdy Jun 23rd 2015 1:40 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11682077)
so you have applied via the Silver Fern Visa? you have already paid some money to submit the initial application? Yes when you send in your documents for the visa you will need to send in the amount they are requesting to work through your application.
Silver Fern Job Search Visa

Dear Mrs Fychan;

Thank you very much for your time and interest....

I applied for getting a permanent residence in New Zealand from three years ago. I got an invitation to apply for job search visa. This visa will help in getting a permanent residence after I get a work in New Zealand and stay three months in that job. Do I have to pay for this visa "open work visa" or not?

This is the email that I received from INZ:

"

Dear ******* Elwakdy
Invitation to apply for a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa
Thank you for taking part in your recent interview that was required to help us assess your application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC). We have now had the opportunity to make a full assessment of your application. You have been assessed as having the potential to successfully settle in and contribute to New Zealand.

We would like to give you the opportunity to apply for a SMC Job Search visa to allow you to realise this potential by obtaining an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand. If you are granted this visa, a decision on your application for residence will be deferred for 12 months. This means you will have three months to travel to New Zealand. You will then have nine months in New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment. We have enclosed an application form for a SMC Job Search visa.

Your family members cannot be included in your application for a SMC Job Search visa. In order to accompany you or to stay in New Zealand, your family members will need to apply for temporary entry class visas in their own right. Please see www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ for details of temporary entry class visas. Please note any family members would need to meet all temporary entry class visa requirements, including bona fides, in their own right.

Documents required
To apply for a SMC Job Search visa you must apply within three months of the date of this letter and supply the following documents:

A completed SMC Job Search application form

Evidence of your travel arrangements to New Zealand

Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself for three months in New Zealand

Evidence that you have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand

Your passport

If you are granted a SMC Job Search visa it will allow you to work in any job, for any employer in New Zealand. If we do not receive your completed SMC Job Search visa application form within three months of the date of this letter, your application for residence will be declined as per SM21.10(i).

Important note: It is not guaranteed you will find skilled employment that will allow you to gain residence in New Zealand. We recommend you do not make any permanent arrangements to move to New Zealand (such as selling your property) until a final decision is made on your residence application.
Your residence application
When you obtain an offer of ongoing skilled employment (as per immigration instructions), you must let Immigration New Zealand (INZ) know. If your employment meets the criteria for skilled employment, we will assess you as having demonstrated an ability to settle in and contribute to New Zealand and we will approve your application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. You do not need to wait for the end of your deferral period before having your residence application further assessed. As soon as you have obtained an offer of ongoing employment, you should provide the details of the employment to your nearest INZ office, where it will be assessed.

If at the end of the deferral period you have not provided satisfactory evidence that you have obtained an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand, we will assess you as not having demonstrated that you can realise your potential to successfully settle in and contribute to New Zealand and we will decline your application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category.

If you are not granted a SMC Job Search visa we will decline your application for residence.

"

I look forward to your response soon....

Have a Good Day

monuji Jun 23rd 2015 12:47 pm

Hi Elwakdy,

May I know please, how the interview was conducted? I mean whether you traveled to New Zealand for interview OR it was done over the phone.

As far as I see, your SMC job search visa should not take too long as they have already fully assessed your application. I cannot comment on exact timelines though.

Regarding job offers, I am on the same boat with you:nod:. I am also keen to know the strategy one should follow to secure the job offer.

Thanks !

Elwakdy Jun 23rd 2015 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by monuji (Post 11682529)
Hi Elwakdy,

May I know please, how the interview was conducted? I mean whether you traveled to New Zealand for interview OR it was done over the phone.

As far as I see, your SMC job search visa should not take too long as they have already fully assessed your application. I cannot comment on exact timelines though.

Regarding job offers, I am on the same boat with you:nod:. I am also keen to know the strategy one should follow to secure the job offer.

Thanks !

Hi Monuji,

Thank you very much for your time and your interest....

My interview was done over the phone. I advise you to make contact with one of immigration advisers who give two services: immigration service and job search service. For example, you can make contact with Mr. Robert Green. He will help you in finding a job in New Zealand "https://iaa.ewr.govt.nz/PublicRegister/View.aspx?LastName=Green&search=1&p=1&adviserNumbe r=200800668"....

I didn't ask him to help me in searching about job in New Zealand because I didn't have enough money to pay for job search service .....

Thank you very much

Have a Good Day

MrsFychan Jun 23rd 2015 7:54 pm

we don't generally advice that you use an agent or pay someone to find you a job as at the end of the day all they do is what you can do and search the internet and job agencies.

Look on places like seek or trademe for jobs in your field