Visa advice

Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

LornaBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa advice

I am travelling with my family who have NZ passports/citizenship I have a UK passport and was aiming to travel on a waiver holiday visa (6 months) and apply for the relevant visas when I get there as someone I know did that in 2006. Is this possible or would it cause problems at the airport if my family are on one way tickets and I am on a return - is there a visa I could perhaps apply for if this is going to cause problems like a temp work visa and how long would that like to get? Thanks Lorna
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa advice

What sort of relevant visa Lornabee ?

Do you mean to apply for residency as the partner of an NZ citizen?

You cannot apply for a temporary work visa or permit unless you have an NZ job offer.

and yes, the immigration officer might well question you & your family on entry to NZ.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:53 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa advice

Probably the easiest for you would be to go for residency via partnership as if you do decide to stay in NZ longterm then you'd have to apply anyway. I have seen posts where you have said that you don't want to go for that.
Have a look at this as an alternative:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm
I haven't read through all the information on it but it does seem to fit your situation [assuming you decide not to go for residency]
Guide to Form INZ1199