which visa??

Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all
Default which visa??

hi there, my hubby has been offered a job in welly coming over on a talented visa? was wondering which one myself and our 2 kids would come over on. any help appreciated thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: which visa??

Hi Stasia

You can come over as the partner of someone on a talent visa - the same form and the same conditions apply. The children will be students if school age or visitors if pre-school. You have to apply for the visitors visa - it is not just the standard 6 month you are allowed as Brits.

I sat and filled in 3 different forms last night after having investigated everything pretty thoroughly and it still took me two hours. Good luck

Alison
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by littleal View Post
Hi Stasia

You can come over as the partner of someone on a talent visa - the same form and the same conditions apply. The children will be students if school age or visitors if pre-school. You have to apply for the visitors visa - it is not just the standard 6 month you are allowed as Brits.

I sat and filled in 3 different forms last night after having investigated everything pretty thoroughly and it still took me two hours. Good luck

Alison
thanks, although hate form filling but better get used to it i imagine we'll be doing it a lot in the next few months!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:15 pm
Genius

loztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really nice

Originally Posted by littleal View Post
Hi Stasia

Alison
I have been looking at the literature and it seems to suggest that a family Visa would be more appropriate? Can you say why a visitors visa would be preferable for the kids (age 2 & 4).
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loztom View Post
I have been looking at the literature and it seems to suggest that a family Visa would be more appropriate? Can you say why a visitors visa would be preferable for the kids (age 2 & 4).

Hi Loztom

It totally depends on your circumstances and your timeframe. Ideally we would be going as a family of Skilled Migrants but even though we have been selected from the pool, it is taking ages to process. Work to residence and associated visas for children are processed more quickly. (I am due to start work in Jan.) I think you can put two pre-school kids on the same visitors form.

Tell us more about your circumstances, and I'm sure others will be able to advise if you're thinking on the right lines.

Alison