British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   which visa?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-492499/)

stasia Nov 8th 2007 7:50 am

which visa??

hi there, my hubby has been offered a job in welly coming over on a talented visa? was wondering which one myself and our 2 kids would come over on. any help appreciated thanks.

littleal Nov 8th 2007 7:56 am

Re: which visa??

Hi Stasia

You can come over as the partner of someone on a talent visa - the same form and the same conditions apply. The children will be students if school age or visitors if pre-school. You have to apply for the visitors visa - it is not just the standard 6 month you are allowed as Brits.

I sat and filled in 3 different forms last night after having investigated everything pretty thoroughly and it still took me two hours. Good luck :thumbup:

Alison

stasia Nov 8th 2007 8:05 am

Originally Posted by littleal (Post 5526898)
Hi Stasia

You can come over as the partner of someone on a talent visa - the same form and the same conditions apply. The children will be students if school age or visitors if pre-school. You have to apply for the visitors visa - it is not just the standard 6 month you are allowed as Brits.

I sat and filled in 3 different forms last night after having investigated everything pretty thoroughly and it still took me two hours. Good luck :thumbup:

Alison

thanks, although hate form filling but better get used to it i imagine we'll be doing it a lot in the next few months!!

loztom Nov 8th 2007 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by littleal (Post 5526898)
Hi Stasia

Alison

I have been looking at the literature and it seems to suggest that a family Visa would be more appropriate? Can you say why a visitors visa would be preferable for the kids (age 2 & 4).

littleal Nov 8th 2007 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by loztom (Post 5528248)
I have been looking at the literature and it seems to suggest that a family Visa would be more appropriate? Can you say why a visitors visa would be preferable for the kids (age 2 & 4).

Hi Loztom

It totally depends on your circumstances and your timeframe. Ideally we would be going as a family of Skilled Migrants but even though we have been selected from the pool, it is taking ages to process. Work to residence and associated visas for children are processed more quickly. (I am due to start work in Jan.) I think you can put two pre-school kids on the same visitors form.

Tell us more about your circumstances, and I'm sure others will be able to advise if you're thinking on the right lines.

Alison