Very worried now ;0(

Old Oct 12th 2016, 8:52 am
Just Joined

partnersincrime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very worried now ;0(

Hi Everyone,

We are a little bit worried now following yesterdays update on the immigration policy. Im not very clear on if it will effect us or not.

We submitted our EOI with 140 points on 10th Oct & I think I worked out the next draw was 12th Oct. As our EOI was submitted before the policy change will this mean our EOI will still be automatically selected with 140 points or will the new rules apply? Online status is still "submitted". The policy refers to if you already have ITA it will not effect you...... referring to the changes in the English test but not the selection its self.

We have worked so long & hard to get to this point to have it all pulled out from under us will be gutting. Our house is on the market & we had an offer yesterday. Everything was feeling so positive and now I dont know what to think.

Guess we will have to wait & see what happens with the selection but any help gratefully received.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Arthur Dent 666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Very worried now ;0(

We feel your pain on this. In our case we are as much as a year away from kicking off our NZ strategy - we haven't even visited NZ yet to 'check it out on the ground' - but what is worrying us is this : how likely is there to be a further shifting of the goalposts?

We rechecked our points score anticipated, and we are still good, just... Hope that your application is still good, and look forward to hearing of your success!
Old Oct 12th 2016, 10:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arthur Dent 666 View Post
We feel your pain on this. In our case we are as much as a year away from kicking off our NZ strategy - we haven't even visited NZ yet to 'check it out on the ground' - but what is worrying us is this : how likely is there to be a further shifting of the goalposts?

We rechecked our points score anticipated, and we are still good, just... Hope that your application is still good, and look forward to hearing of your success!
That is something only the NZ government knows, it may happen, it may not, you will just have to wait,
Old Oct 12th 2016, 7:26 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arthur Dent 666 View Post
' - but what is worrying us is this : how likely is there to be a further shifting of the goalposts?

Please remember that occupations do come and go on skills list so even without the recent changes the occupations have always come and gone.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Just to update. I have not received an Email back from NZ immigration yet but there is now a detailed FAQ section online. It states:

"What if I’ve already applied under the Skilled Migrant Category?

If you’ve already applied, the requirements that were in place on the date you made your application will continue to apply to you. You don’t need to meet the new point threshold and the new requirements for English language evidence do not apply to you."

Im taking this to mean that the previous criteria (at the time I submitted EOI) applies to my EOI & fingers crossed I should be ok ;0)

It states everywhere that the draws are fortnightly, however the last draw I can see detailed is 17th August. Is it sometimes monthly or four weekly?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:45 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

no its fortnightly - they just may not updated as regularly as they were
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:59 am
Just Joined

mooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nicemooshroom is just really nice

The last selection was on 12th October as planned. Selection statistics:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...16-09-28-1.pdf with only EOI's greater than 160 points eligible to be selected.

I believe the changes are that 160+ points are now required, however if your EOI had been selected in a draw prior to 12th October the previous criteria are applicable. If you had submitted your EOI (which is not defined by immigration as 'applied') but had not been selected before 12th October all the new criteria apply.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Just to update you:

I spoke to the embassy in London a few days ago and they said that the rules in place at the time of submission should apply, so I was hopeful that we would get good news from NZ soon....

Today I got this Email back.....

"From the 12 October 2016 only people with 160 points were selected from the pool. Expressions of interests (EOI) in which applicants claimed enough points to be selected under the old threshold (140 points), were not eligible for selection.

If you think you might be able to claim more points and you submitted your expression of interest online, you can log back into your expression of interest and make changes. If you claim more than 160 points you could be selected as part of the next draw. Please note that you will need to show evidence of all the points you have claimed if you are invited to apply.

If you wish to withdraw your EOI and request a refund, you may submit an application form (INZ1182) and this will be assessed by the nearest Immigration New Zealand office. No guarantees can be given that a refund will be issued – the fee is used to cover the costs of an EOI process, and the nature of an EOI is that it does not guarantee eligibility for selection or invitation for residence at any stage."

GUTTED does not cover it. I then spent the next 30 minutes on the phone *in tears* to a lovely man in NZ - who tried to be understanding and informative.

It feels like I have spent the last 2 years working towards achieving something and now none of it matters. I have wasted my time. I need to see past this and figure out the best way forward......
Old Oct 21st 2016, 12:18 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooshroom View Post
The last selection was on 12th October as planned. Selection statistics:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...16-09-28-1.pdf with only EOI's greater than 160 points eligible to be selected.

I believe the changes are that 160+ points are now required, however if your EOI had been selected in a draw prior to 12th October the previous criteria are applicable. If you had submitted your EOI (which is not defined by immigration as 'applied') but had not been selected before 12th October all the new criteria apply.
Yes.
Exactly this .

The NZ resident policy is reviewed every two years & this year there has been a change. From memory I think the last overhaul was around 2004.

Matters within the assorted visa policies and criteria are reviewed every 6 months. Particularly the skill shortage lists, although sometimes an occupation could be added/withdrawn outside of the usual review times if the NZ Dept of Labour reports the need for a tweak.

NZ will go to the polls in a general election within the next 12 months so this change will be to appease some of the electorate who express assorted concerns about immigration.