British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   very confused and down :( eoi, work exp (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/very-confused-down-eoi-work-exp-701448/)

blueballsuk Jan 19th 2011 8:44 pm

very confused and down :( eoi, work exp

Hi, was all ready to submit my eoi next week when i have just looked at a bit on the eoi at work experience and you have to say how many years work experience you have. I have 10 years work experience as a nurse but by the looks of it the work experience needs to have been full time at 30 hours and for a large part of my 10 years nursing i have worked only 18 hrs per week :(
Im so gutted as not sure now as to whether i can still put my eoi in?? I initially had 130 points because of my experience, im not sure if im allowed to just half the number of years experience i have???? if thats the case it leaves me with only 110 points. I dont have a job offer as didnt want to apply for jobs until i had house sold so thought i was doing great by submitting eoi and getting all my ifo ready for applying for pr. Anyone able to give me any hope :( :( claire

BEVS Jan 19th 2011 10:18 pm

Re: very confused and down :( eoi, work exp

Hey. Hey. Hey. Don't get too down . I know it's a bit of a set back but that's all it is. At least you have found out here before you sent in the EOI, so you have saved yourself a knock back from NZIS & maybe some money as an EOI at 110 points with no job offer has quite a slim chance of being pulled from the pool.

Onward and upwards . You still have the option of a job offer and nurses are wanted here in NZ.
How is the house selling going where you are.

As you have read elsewhere there is the 30 hour rule ref. years of work experience. If you have worked less hours than this per week, then the caculation for work experience is proportional.

Now. NZIS like things simple so you have to make sure of your calculation and educate the NZIS officer about this.

As you have read , if someone works 15 hours per week for 10 years , then this is equivalent to 5 years of work experience in NZIS eyes. That gives 15 points.

Can you stretch this up to 6 years = 20 points because you work 18 hrs per week?
Maybe using the proportional argument that someone else has successfully used in the past .

From what you say this gives you 120 points without a job offer. Looking at the recent selections this wouldn't really be enough to get your EOI selected.

A job offer is what you need in my opinion.

WORK EXPERIENCE
2 yrs = 10 points
4 years = 15 points
6 years = 20 points
8 years = 25 points
10 years = 30 points

Originally Posted by NZIS
SM 11.15.1 Part-time work
  1. Calculation of levels of work experience must be for complete weeks based on a 30-hour week.
  2. Credit is given for 30-hour weeks only, even though a principal applicant has worked more than 30 hours in any week.Example: Fifty-two 60-hour weeks are equal to one years work experience.
  3. Credit for part-time work experience may be given on a proportional basis.Example: Four years work experience for 15 hours per week is equal to 2 years work experience for a 30-hour week, and therefore qualifies for 10 points.

blueballsuk Jan 20th 2011 1:20 pm

Hey bevs, i am delighted as i have calculated it out and i can get 6 years work experience, chuffed to buts!!!!! :D Do you think 120 points without job offer as a nurse would give me any chance of getting picked, keeping my fingers crossed, thanx again for ur info claire x

blueballsuk Jan 20th 2011 1:42 pm

sorry just realised u wrote 120 points has slim chance, think the job offer is what im going to need to do once i get house sold. Saves me wasting my money on eoi at the moment, claire

BEVS Jan 20th 2011 8:23 pm

I would agree with you looking at the EOI selection history.

IF you click the link to the thread about the last selection LINK HERE
have a read and then click the links to the pdf file which show the selection history, you'll see that to get a selection at 120 points with no job offer would be slim.

I'd agree with you. Better to save that money for a more sure bet. I can understand the frustration though. Here you are champing on the bit to get started on a new NZ life with all your PR in order and you have to sit on your hands and wait for a house sale.

:fingerscrossed: it sells very soon.

BEVS Feb 10th 2011 9:29 pm

... and just to show it IS possible right now, BlueballsUK has been selected from the pool with 120 points and no job offer but they do have 15 points for work exp. :thumbup:

shooterspalace Feb 11th 2011 6:13 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9167859)
... and just to show it IS possible right now, BlueballsUK has been selected from the pool with 120 points and no job offer but they do have 15 points for work exp. :thumbup:

BEVS,

I calculated my total point is 120

-Qualification: B.Sc. Computer Science from Bangalore University,India (3 years degree) - 50 Points (as in level 7 in NZQF)
-Bonus Points for recognized Qualifications in an absolute area of skill shortage - 10 Points
-6 years IT work Experience - 20 Points
-Bonus Points for recognized work Experience in an area of absolute skill shortage - 15 Points

If I submit EOI claiming 120 points (included 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and without NZ job offer) and get selected from the pool, then will it be treated as PR Visa finally?

Please advice.

MissMarple Feb 11th 2011 2:40 pm

Hi folks,

We have 125 points and no job offer and now have PR. My skills set is Procurement so hunting for a job now before making the move.

Good luck with EOI etc, all in all cost us around £3k from start to end so research all the stages and see if there is anything that would block you other than the points, i.e. complex medical history or criminal record.

Jules

BEVS Feb 11th 2011 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by shooterspalace (Post 9168778)
BEVS,
If I submit EOI claiming 120 points (included 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and without NZ job offer) and get selected from the pool, then will it be treated as PR Visa finally?

Please advice.

Who knows. That will be up to NZIS when they check out your application.

shooterspalace Feb 12th 2011 6:20 am

Originally Posted by MissMarple (Post 9169594)
Hi folks,

We have 125 points and no job offer and now have PR. My skills set is Procurement so hunting for a job now before making the move.

Good luck with EOI etc, all in all cost us around £3k from start to end so research all the stages and see if there is anything that would block you other than the points, i.e. complex medical history or criminal record.

Jules

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9170580)
Who knows. That will be up to NZIS when they check out your application.

Thanks MissMarple and BEVS.

MissMarple,

So far I know that, IELTS requirement is overall 6.5 . Did you submit IELTS Score during your entire PR Visa processing?

MissMarple Feb 12th 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

Hmm, what is an IELTS score? Have been granted PR so guess we must have passed something :confused:

Mgee Feb 12th 2011 11:47 am

AFAIK: IELTS is only required for people who are not native speakers of English or if they work in certain professions (healthcare etc). Since Miss Marple is from the UK and works in procurement, I assume she wasn't required to take the test.

MissMarple Feb 12th 2011 11:49 am

Thanks McGee,

You're spot on and yes we are so thankfully it was one test we didn't have to complete and pay for!
:thumbup:

MissMarple