Using Visa Advisers

Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

asho harte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using Visa Advisers

Hi everyone -
I'm new to this forum..
I 57yrs old and want to live and work in New Zealand and have tried a few online 'assessments' with visa advisers. Does anyone have experience of using them to gain a work visa? I am nervous about paying up front money to them. Has anyone heard of/or used 'Working In Visas' based in Shortland Street, Auckland. Any thoughts...?

Asho
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Using Visa Advisers

Hi and welcome,

Although I have never used an agent my advice for what it may be worth is check out the NZ Immigration website as they have plenty of tools and guides which will answer many questions for you in regards visa's etc.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have you had a good read of the official NEW ZEALAND IMMIGRATION WEBSITE. It tells you all about the various visas and the requirements for them. If nothing else, it will give you a good guideline of what may be possible for you. At least when you discuss yur possibilities with an Immy Consultant you will have some understanding of what they are saying to you.

If you want to engage an NZ immigration consultant, only use a licensed one .

Check out NZAMI and IAA (please click the links)

I'm not sure why you would have to pay fees up front.

The consensus of opinion seems to be to shop around for the best price and service.

When you say 'work visa' do you mean a temporary work visa to allow you to live and work here for a while ? You will need a job offer first before you can apply for a temporary work visa.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Using Visa Advisers

Thanks so much Garfield and Bevs for your replies -.
I have already sifted through the immigration website and the visa options, the only one open to me is a work permit. Yes I was thinking of applying for a temporary work permit and have heard it is possible to apply for residency after 2 years.

Is it better to wait and find a job when I get there then apply for a work permit or do it all from this side...?

So far the cheapest immigration adviser I have found is 'Working in Visas' in Auckland and is asking £125.00 for up front an assessment by phone. Then if it goes ahead the total asking price is £785.00 - better than one that quoted me £3-5,000!! Sharks...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

As Bevs said earlier you would need a job offer before a work visa would be issued.

You must also bear in mind that many companies and prospective employers here are also experiencing hardship and are laying people off due to the recession. However please don't let this stop you.

What line of work would you be looking at entering?

You would then best check out the employment web sites such as www.seek.co.nz or the jobs on www.trademe.co.nz, then obviously you would need to contact the employers direct. It can be a long drawn out process as others on the forum have experienced, not trying to dash your dreams just trying to be practical.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:37 pm
`

I'm going to echo the above. What occupation are you looking at?

I was thinking of applying for a temporary work permit and have heard it is possible to apply for residency after 2 years.
Do you mean Residence from Work - The chart below is from the NZIS website.

Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:44 pm
`

NZIS say this about

Originally Posted by New Zealand Immigration website
Talent (Accredited Employers) – steps to apply for a visa or permit

To help you make sure you have everything you need to apply, please print out our checklist and follow the steps to apply.

Note: you must be aged 55 years or under to be eligible under this category.
and this

Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) – steps to apply for a work visa or permit

To help you make sure you have everything you need to apply, please print out our checklist and follow the steps to apply.

Note: you must be aged 55 years or under to apply under this category.
and for applications under the Skill Migrant category NZIS state this

Long Term Skill Shortage List – steps to apply for a work visa or permit To help you make sure you have everything you need to apply, please print out our checklist and follow the steps to apply.

Note: you should be under 53 years of age when you apply for the work visa or permit. This is because you have to be under 56 years to be eligible for residence
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Using Visa Advisers

THANKS Garfield and Bevs.