using Agent for Emmigrating

Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Happyhammer80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default using Agent for Emmigrating

Hi One and all,
so as it stands our EOI points are 135. But would it be worth using an agent to see if we can gain an extra few points and if so do any of you know how much they roughly cost...
many thanks
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:23 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: using Agent for Emmigrating

nope an agent will only collate what you have, they can't magic points, some have even missed points that applicants could claim for .
if you have done your calculations correctly then 135 is what you have.
double check that you have done it as stated and you have claimed points for your wife if she has any qualifications.

loks like you would need to get a job offer, have you applied, been looking?

Last edited by MrsFychan; Mar 14th 2014 at 8:31 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:37 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

just checked the points selection
http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1058
and 25 were selected 27th November 2013 with point 135 or more with 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage.

and then again 30th Oct 115 were selected

then again in April

so if you have those points it maybe worth submitting your EOI anyway ?
Old Mar 15th 2014, 2:34 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We used an agent (for a heap of reasons), saying that had those reasons not been there we would have gone it alone.

Agents can not get you more points, a job or a visa, and if any of them tell you different RUN!!!
Old Mar 15th 2014, 5:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DandJMay
Agents can not get you more points, a job or a visa, and if any of them tell you different RUN!!!
Absolutely.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 7:39 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everything that's been said above. From posts I've seen on here, using an agent will cost around £2,000+ plus visa and medical costs on top.

If you want to, you could always list your points on here and we'll see/ask about any that we think you could add on.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

many thanks to you all for your replies I appreciate very much you take the time to answer these questions, it really has enlightened me regarding the agents...
I have gained most of the points based on my career as a head chef with all the necessary qualifications to go with it but our issue quite frankly is the lack of points awarded to my wife.. off the top of my head they're only awarding 20 points, she has a degree from the Royal college of music which they award for but the teaching diploma from the same college they don't recognise.. if they did we'd be home and dry
we've had to pay to have her qualifications verified...

cheers all
Old Mar 16th 2014, 7:34 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

That's how it works, the main candidate garners just about all the points. The non principal candidate ie wife can only gain points for a job offer and/or a qualification.

You can only gain points for ONE qualification each so it makes sense to use the highest one. The maximum a partner can get for a qual is 20 points.

P
Old Mar 16th 2014, 10:36 pm
`

As Persephone states, it is a max of 20 points for a partner .

What points do you have ?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
As Persephone states, it is a max of 20 points for a partner .

What points do you have ?
my points are 115 through my work experience and qualifications. I think ideally we need to get some job offers in place and get this new life rolling!!!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 9:24 pm
`

Originally Posted by Happyhammer80
my points are 115 through my work experience and qualifications. I think ideally we need to get some job offers in place and get this new life rolling!!!
I think so too.

Job offers have become the new holy grail.