British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Urgent help with getting my children over. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/urgent-help-getting-my-children-over-712951/)

coffeeaddict Apr 11th 2011 6:50 pm

Urgent help with getting my children over.

Hi every one

i really hope someone may be able to help:confused:

We will be coming to New Zealand before December this year using our Australian PR status...

Since we have had our Oz PR granted we have had 2 children (a 3 yr old and a 5 month old) which we now need to gain entry.

We contacted the Australian immigration to see if we just add them to our visa or how it works even? what they told us is that they will need to be sponsored by us:blink: which means 7-8 months and £1100 each:thumbdown:

So the other huge problem is our Australian PR runs out the 11th December and thats 8 months too:thumbdown:

Does anyone know how a child born after a NZ visa is granted works does this differ from Australia?

JAJ Apr 11th 2011 11:17 pm

Re: Urgent help with getting my children over.

What Australian immigration told you is mainly correct, except that the same fee should cover both.

Your children don't have any status in New Zealand either, unless you sponsor them to migrate to NZ. Start at http://www.immigration.govt.nz

As your Australian PR visa runs out in December, you do understand (I hope) that you won't be able to get back into NZ after then (even after a vacation) unless you can get either an Australian or New Zealand Returning Resident Visa. Have you looked at these requirements?

People who try what you want to do run a strong risk of being left without status in either country => which leads to a one way trip home.

BEVS Apr 11th 2011 11:25 pm

Thanks for the reply JAJ.

I was puzzled about the children but now realise they were born in the UK & were never part of the Australian PR application..

To update for anyone else looking in.

You are currently in the UK with your children.
Your parents are retired in the UK?
Your sister lives in New Zealand I think.
You applied for and gained Australian PR for yourself and your partner but this runs out December 2011.

NZIS sponsor your children

coffeeaddict Apr 12th 2011 6:21 am

thanks for your replys guys:)

@ Jaj yes we do realize the risks with coming this way (the back door so to speak);)

And Bevs

Yes on all counts.. our Inlaws are coming out too but thats another story:lol:

Think i may get an agent on board at this late stage assuming the timescales are the same?

BEVS Apr 13th 2011 1:00 am

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 9299863)

Yes on all counts.. our Inlaws are coming out too but thats another story:lol:

Ooo eer. :eek:

Think i may get an agent on board at this late stage assuming the timescales are the same?
For peace of mind that could be a good idea.

Make sure the person you deal with is the one holding the IAA license. & not some lacky.

Peter Croxson is bugger all to do with me but has had good result for people I know.

coffeeaddict Apr 13th 2011 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9301719)

Make sure the person you deal with is the one holding the IAA license. & not some lacky..

Our perants are asking Thursday as they are booked in for their own move.
http://www.emigrationgroup.co.uk/pro...emberships.php

Timescales on processing are important so should know all very soon:ohmy:

thanks again

coffeeaddict Apr 21st 2011 9:04 pm

Ok we got a reply and all seems good:D

So our children will get 6 month visa on entry as our dependants.
Once we are able to prove we are living/working etc we can apply to sponsor them.
If this is not granted before thier 6 month visa lapses we can get them a interim visa
(granted to people whom have yet to recieve word on a application).

We will be meeting our agent soon to clarify and arrange my EWRB registratio:eek:

simonsi Apr 22nd 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict (Post 9319668)
So our children will get 6 month visa on entry as our dependants.

That doesn´t sound very generous, British Citizens can stay 6mths without a visa :confused:

johnht Apr 22nd 2011 9:23 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9320298)
That doesn´t sound very generous, British Citizens can stay 6mths without a visa :confused:

....but only with a return ticket?
John

simonsi Apr 22nd 2011 9:45 am

Originally Posted by johnht (Post 9320356)
....but only with a return ticket?
John

True but unless onward travel is specifically waived on whatever visa they get issued they´ll still need that.