British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Urgent advice needed regarding medical checks for visa-please help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/urgent-advice-needed-regarding-medical-checks-visa-please-help-899780/)

CatLady1234 Jul 18th 2017 6:46 pm

Urgent advice needed regarding medical checks for visa-please help

Hi there,

I require a general medical certificate and a chest x-ray certificate in order to submit my visa application (work to residence visa via accredited employer). It is very urgent I submit my application soon as my employer in NZ cannot wait much longer.

I am having real trouble organising my general medical certificate and chest x ray though through my hospital and doctors. They say they require specific detailed info from NZ immigration detailing exactly what is required such as the exact types of blood needed. I have looked on immigration website but can find little info. They cannot deal with my case without this info. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can obtain this from, or can tell me the exact specifics of a general medical? I have also spoken to the diagnostic imaging department at my local hospital.They say they also require all this documentation to specify exactly what is needed, and say I must also bring passport photos.

I hope someone can help. Many thanks. Really appreciated.

Pollyana Jul 18th 2017 7:14 pm

Re: Urgent advice needed regarding medical checks for visa-please help

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12297312)
Hi there,

I require a general medical certificate and a chest x-ray certificate in order to submit my visa application (work to residence visa via accredited employer). It is very urgent I submit my application soon as my employer in NZ cannot wait much longer.

I am having real trouble organising my general medical certificate and chest x ray though through my hospital and doctors. They say they require specific detailed info from NZ immigration detailing exactly what is required such as the exact types of blood needed. I have looked on immigration website but can find little info. They cannot deal with my case without this info. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can obtain this from, or can tell me the exact specifics of a general medical? I have also spoken to the diagnostic imaging department at my local hospital.They say they also require all this documentation to specify exactly what is needed, and say I must also bring passport photos.

Doesn't New Zealand use a panel of doctors like Australia does? Surely a doctor on the panel would be aware of the medical requirements? :confused: Its not up to you to provide the details of what tests they need to do.

shuvit Jul 18th 2017 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12297312)
Hi there,

Hi Catlady1234 - I am pretty sure its not your doctors or hospital who carry your medicals and chest x-rays, its approved panel physicians - this is a list of those in the UK

Medmigration - Medical and Radiology - Manchester

Knightsbridge Doctors - Medical and Radiology - London, Greater

Bryden Medical Limited - Medical and Radiology - Glasgow

The Edinburgh Clinic - Medical and Radiology - Edinburgh

Nuffield Health - Plymouth Medical and Radiology - Devon

Spire Hartswood Hospital - Medical and Radiology - Brentwood

Spire Little Aston Hospital - Medical and Radiology - Birmingham

The Bridge Clinic - Medical and Radiology - Berkshire

Spire Cardiff Hospital - Medical and Radiology - Cardiff

This list can be found on https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...al-examination

Hope this helps

inkedneonurse Jul 18th 2017 8:27 pm

Just messaged you back

As above it has to be an approved panel Dr, I used the bridge clinic, very good and INZ had the certificates the next day

BEVS Jul 18th 2017 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12297319)
Doesn't New Zealand use a panel of doctors like Australia does? Surely a doctor on the panel would be aware of the medical requirements? :confused: Its not up to you to provide the details of what tests they need to do.

Correct.

You must use one of panel doctors listed by New Zealand immigration. Shuvit has given you the list. There is a set form and check list . You will need to take spectacles , meds, ID .

See here

Ria_ Jul 19th 2017 11:07 am

As you said it was urgent, I thought it would also be worth noting that once you've been examined at one of the INZ-approved physicians, they should give you your eMedical number which you can send off on your visa application immediately before even having received your results.

So if you manage to get your examination asap this week, you'll be able to send off your application straight after - if everything else is in place.

MrsCakey Jul 19th 2017 8:13 pm

As others have stated you have to use an approved panel of clincs not your local hospital. I went to Knightsbridge and they were very experienced with INZ medicals. Best of luck!

BEVS Jul 19th 2017 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ria_ (Post 12297711)
As you said it was urgent, I thought it would also be worth noting that once you've been examined at one of the INZ-approved physicians, they should give you your eMedical number which you can send off on your visa application immediately before even having received your results.

So if you manage to get your examination asap this week, you'll be able to send off your application straight after - if everything else is in place.

BE karma for a good post.