British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Upcoming Medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/upcoming-medicals-550137/)

Rock Ape Jul 29th 2008 7:35 am

Re: Upcoming Medicals

Originally Posted by rockape (Post 6622056)
Per Ardua, sounds like you are nearly there Rock Ape. Everthing crossed for you. By the sound of thing will be haveing a Rocks reunion over there soon.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbup::thumbup:

Stan

Hi Stan,
Thanks for the message. Definately feels like a case of 'hurry up and wait' otherwise known as two steps forward and one back. I'm amazed that the med didn't throw up anytihng else what with the cocktail of rubbish we had given to us before Mr. Blair's 'big push' into Iraq! Its a wonder I don't glow in the dark.

j19fmm Jul 29th 2008 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6620516)
Hi,
Never got any email from NZQA. Checked online status to see if docs arrived.

Have sent you a PM :unsure:

weejie Jul 30th 2008 10:00 am

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 6620328)
Bilirubin is an orange-yellow pigment found in bile.When bilirubin levels are high, a condition called jaundice ( a yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes) occurs, and further testing is needed to determine the cause. Doctors may request bilirubin tests (along with other tests, especially when jaundice is present) to determine if liver damage exists. Bilirubin levels can be used to monitor the progression of jaundice and to determine if it is the result of red blood cell breakdown or liver disease.If the direct bilirubin is elevated there may be some kind of blockage of the liver or bile duct, perhaps due to gallstones, hepatitis, trauma, a drug reaction, or long-term alcohol abuse. Echography is an ultrasound of your liver.Hope this helps.

Phyllis

Ironic or what,results back today show my bilirubin is 23 and upper level is 20!!!! Must have been the red wine I had over the weekend before to calm my nerves:o My BMI has come back as 40 so fingers xd on that one. OH cholesterol 5.8,upper limit is 5.2 otherwise everything ok. Time to check everything over and submit ITA:eek::eek:

Phyllis

Rock Ape Jul 30th 2008 10:15 am

My French doc said that the upper level is 17 and mine was 22. Have had a second blood test today so will get results this PM and hope that it has fallen a bit. I read on the web that a spoonfull of olive oil every 6 hours brings the level down so perhaps give that a try. My BMI was 24 and my cholesterol was last tested at a little over 4 so I have no idea why the bilirubin level was so high.

Water Lily Aug 12th 2008 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6621873)
Hi Water Lily and thanks for that - very reassuring. Out of interest do you know what you husband's total bilirubin count is? Perhaps you'll let me know if you get any feedback from NZIS on it.

Regards,
RA

Hi there, sorry if this comes a bit late.... haven't been on the forums for a few days, everything seems to be happening at once at my end!!

His total count was 35 over a maximum of 20! :blink: The CO didn't query it at all, I guess since we declared the condition on the medical form and I sent her some information on it confirming it was harmless, that was enough?

Good luck with your test results, hope they don't give you any cause for concern, and all the best with your application :thumbup: