Unemployed waiting around!

Old Dec 27th 2009, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

glen_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unemployed waiting around!

Hi there, newbie here! Can anyone help? I would like to apply for a skilled migrant PR visa. Unfortunately for me ive been unemployed for over a year now due to cutbacks in the construction industry (i have a trade certificate). I have my ITA and im in the process of getting all the papers together. While all this is going on, I have applied for jobs but been honest and up front and explained if I get the visa I will be off! Maybe this is a bit stupid but I would rather be up front. Will this time out of work hinder my application, I have over 19 years experience in my profession and its a hard climate to get a job in at the moment?
any help will be gratefully received and good luck everyone
happy new year Glen..
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unemployed waiting around!

Short answer would be no from what you have written.

You already have an Invitation to Apply based on the information you gave on your EOI.
Proof of work experience in the skilled trade will come from the papers you submit as you know.

What might happen is that you are offered WTR rather than straight PR.

What trade are you in out of interest.