Uk Qualifications assessment

Old Apr 29th 2018, 7:38 am
Just Joined

manc31us is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Qualifications assessment

Please can you help...

I cannot work out from the NZ qualification table is my wife and I needs our UK qualifications to be assessed via NZ assessment.
I have a B.A degree, 1st class Honours, Social Work qualified in 2017 from Uni of Salford. It is on the list of recognised institutions.

My wife has a B.A degree in English (2003) and a M.A in social work (2010) both times achieving a 2:1, both uni's she attended are on the recognised institutions list.

But what I am struggling to work out, is if our qualifications will need to be assessed by NZ immigration.

This will help me work out the points

What's your thoughts?

Thanks

Nigel
Old Apr 30th 2018, 2:59 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Qualifications assessment

my understanding is if its a recognised institution then no but you would require NZ Registration to be able to work and I am not sure how that body would view the qualification.

Hopefully someone in the Health side will have more info
Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:10 am
Just Joined

manc31us is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
my understanding is if its a recognised institution then no but you would require NZ Registration to be able to work and I am not sure how that body would view the qualification.

Hopefully someone in the Health side will have more info
Thanks Mrs F

Here comes the million dollar question, is my wife's M.A a level 8 - 9 and what level is my 1st class honours...
Old May 7th 2018, 9:01 am
Just Joined

EGoodhue is an unknown quantity at this point

Without knowing the exact wording of your qualifications or exactly where and when you obtained them, I'd say your BA would be a Level 7 and the MA would be a Level 9 (as per the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment).