Questions About Validating Visas

Old May 5th 2018, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future
Default Questions About Validating Visas

Hi,
I've posted a couple of questions on here recently and people have been very helpful. I .have some questions I'd be grateful if someone could answer.

1. I'm completing my EOI and including my wife ajd two dependent children of 20 & 17.
What if one of my children changes their mind at a later date? Would I have to resubmit a new EOI?

2. Assuming we get our permanent residents visas, what are the conditions for validating them? ie how long do we have to validate them? Can I come out and validate mine without the others needing to?

3. I've read the sticky on RRV's. Assuming we get as far as PR status, if we validated our visas and returned to the UK does this mean we would then have a 2 year RRV in which we would need to return within 2 years to keep or PR status?

Regards
David
Old May 6th 2018, 1:37 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions About Validating Visas

Originally Posted by Chipster
1. I'm completing my EOI and including my wife ajd two dependent children of 20 & 17.
What if one of my children changes their mind at a later date? Would I have to resubmit a new EOI?
I don't believe so, if they don't take up the Visa (ie arrive in New Zealand within the required time then their visa will lapse - not sure if that will make any subsequent application by them more complex.

2. Assuming we get our permanent residents visas, what are the conditions for validating them? ie how long do we have to validate them? Can I come out and validate mine without the others needing to?
That is stipulated on the Visa when you get it, normally any job offer start date is the driving criteria to arrive, are you sure you can uplift 160pts without a job offer?

3. I've read the sticky on RRV's. Assuming we get as far as PR status, if we validated our visas and returned to the UK does this mean we would then have a 2 year RRV in which we would need to return within 2 years to keep or PR status?
The first 2 yrs are travel conditions, at the end of the 2yrs you need to get them removed by demonstrating enough time <in New Zealand> during those 2 years or they can be extended. Note if you aren't in New Zealand and you travel conditions lapse then you no longer have right of entry IIRC. Not sure if there is an overall time limit on the travel conditions but I'd expect so.
​​​​​​​
Old May 6th 2018, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by simonsi

That is stipulated on the Visa when you get it, normally any job offer start date is the driving criteria to arrive, are you sure you can uplift 160pts without a job offer?
Thanks for your responses.
I believe I would actually need a job offer to reach the 160 point mark.
currently I don't have a job offer.
Does this mean I should wait to get one before submitting any EOI?

Thanks
​​​​​​​David
Old May 6th 2018, 9:11 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your responses.
Does this mean I should wait to get one before submitting any EOI?

Thanks
David
​​​​​​​
No point putting in the EOI without 160 or more as you won't be selected and will be removed after 6 months.
Old May 6th 2018, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
No point putting in the EOI without 160 or more as you won't be selected and will be removed after 6 months.
OK I see. So best to prepare the EOI and if I get a job offer, submit the EOI then.
​​​​​​​Thank you.