UK Medical - what is involved?

Old Mar 5th 2023, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Medical - what is involved?

Now we have our invitation to apply, we need to get a move on.

For the medical, for those who have recently (last 5 years?) been through it:
  1. How long was the lead time for an appointment
  2. How much (roughly) did it cost (with location)
  3. How rigorous was the physical check
  4. How rigorous was any discussion of your medical records
Our son had a medical before going to Australia as a student and it seemed fairly trivial - blood test (HIV?) and a quick mobility check.
I assume that crumblies such as ourselves will have a much more in depth grilling, but who knows?

We favour London or Manchester as locations depending on how much is charged.
If Manchester is a lot cheaper we could have a short break.
Old Mar 5th 2023, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Medical - what is involved?

Oh, and perhaps someone could update the 2017 Panel Doctors thread which is way out of date!
Old Mar 11th 2023, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Tond3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Now we have our invitation to apply, we need to get a move on.

For the medical, for those who have recently (last 5 years?) been through it:
  1. How long was the lead time for an appointment
  2. How much (roughly) did it cost (with location)
  3. How rigorous was the physical check
  4. How rigorous was any discussion of your medical records
Our son had a medical before going to Australia as a student and it seemed fairly trivial - blood test (HIV?) and a quick mobility check.
I assume that crumblies such as ourselves will have a much more in depth grilling, but who knows?

We favour London or Manchester as locations depending on how much is charged.
If Manchester is a lot cheaper we could have a short break.
1 & 2. I had one done in Maidenhead last year in August at the price of £300. I had to wait about 5 weeks to be seen.
Full blood count including HIV, Hep B, etc.
TB check, i.e., X-ray
They ask if you have had cancer as well.
4. You can bring any letters from hospital or GP if you have any health concerns.

My medical submission was a bit late due to a clerical error. I got the 2021 resident visa approval on 5 December 2022. I am still in the UK, but need to send passport(s) before 10 May 2023 to one of their reps in London.
Old Mar 12th 2023, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tond3
1 & 2. I had one done in Maidenhead last year in August at the price of £300. I had to wait about 5 weeks to be seen.
Full blood count including HIV, Hep B, etc.
TB check, i.e., X-ray
They ask if you have had cancer as well.
4. You can bring any letters from hospital or GP if you have any health concerns.

My medical submission was a bit late due to a clerical error. I got the 2021 resident visa approval on 5 December 2022. I am still in the UK, but need to send passport(s) before 10 May 2023 to one of their reps in London.
Thanks - very helpful.