typical timescales.

Old May 26th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

kjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nice
Default typical timescales.

evening all...

I'm pretty new to all of this and reading as much as possible as quickly as possible.

I have a telephone interview in the morning. I've played with the point checker thingy and assuming i have a job offer, i end up with 190 - 205 points (providing i've filled it in correctly).

so EOI filled in at the weekend say 1st June...
police checks, medicals... havent worked out whats next
We're happy to do the Work to residency route.

Assuming all goes well and I get a job offer, what are the approx timescales and when will / would we likely be moving to NZ..

Thanks in advance..

karl
Old May 27th 2009, 2:29 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: typical timescales.

Hi,
First of all good luck with the interview!
As far as timescales are concerned, PR can take up to 3-4m with a job offer, obviously depending on how ready you are and how many documents you need to gather. The following are times from the London office for those with a job offer.
Skilled Migrant applicants with job offers
The Pool draw, which would potentially allocate your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the London branch, takes place every two weeks.
A visa officer will make an initial assessment of your Expression of Interest (EOI) within 10 working days of the Pool draw. Your visa officer will then contact you, either inviting you to apply for residence or requesting further information.
Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch, your visa officer will generally take between three weeks and three months to make a final decision on your application. Processing times largely depend on whether you have supplied your visa officer with everything they have requested in your Invitation to Apply, or if there any any other issues (such as medical conditions) that we need to follow up on.
Another option if your employer needs you there faster is to look at a WTR visa or temporary work visa and also send off an EOI at the same time.
Times for work visa applications:
Statistically, 71% of visitor visa applications, 85% of work visa applications and 79% of student visa applications are processed within 15 days. Please note that these are indicative timeframes only and should not be taken to mean that we guarantee your application will be processed within these timeframes.
Applicants should continue to allow at least four weeks for the processing of visa applications. Some applications may take longer to process than others and we will not necessarily know how long we will take to process your application until it is assessed.
If you have that many points with a job offer then you must have enough points without an offer to get selected anyway. It would probably be worth you filling in an EOI and seeing how many points you do have without an offer. It is free to register and fill it in [and save it bit by bit]Should you not be lucky enough to get an offer this time then you could probably submit an EOI without one and get selected.

If you send in your EOI with a job offer then you would definitely be picked out at the next draw and would then need to start getting police checks, medicals, birth certificates , proofs of work experience and quals etc

Hoping this helps
Sue
Old May 27th 2009, 3:03 am
Just Joined

kjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nicekjames is just really nice

thanks for the detailed info... thats really helpful.

I think your right, I'll send off for the EOI anyway and start the police certificate stuff moving.

The interview went well. I've a verbal offer, subject to a few bits and pieces.

not quite far enough down the line to do a woohooo yet. (well maybe a small quiet one).

thanks

Karl
Old May 27th 2009, 3:25 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's great news OK have a quiet whoo hoo then

Forgot to add that you can send in your EOI anyway and if you then want to add a job offer to it you can. You can change it online if you haven't yet been selected or contact NZIS directly if you have been selected and they push you up the queue. It's worth starting anyway and getting as much done as poss even if you're not submitting it yet. You can certainly get PR without a job offer as well [I did!] but it takes longer.

Police certs last 6m so worth doing them if you're feeling confident but I'd wait a bit as far as getting the medicals done as they only last 3m, you don't want to risk them going out of date!
All the best
Sue
Old May 27th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think its different for a lot of people.
Ours took 14 months from EOI to flying out, about 11 months from EOI to blue stickers.
we had neighbours for whom it only took about 6 weeks as they had a job offer
before they even sent the EOI
Old May 27th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by colandros
I think its different for a lot of people.
Ours took 14 months from EOI to flying out, about 11 months from EOI to blue stickers.
we had neighbours for whom it only took about 6 weeks as they had a job offer
before they even sent the EOI
Hi,

Ours took 7 months from submitting the EOI to PR. That was without a job offer, so your should b much quicker!
Good Luck
Old May 27th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

so somewhere between 6 weeks and 14 months... i'm pleased that ones cleared up

seriously, thanks guys. I'm hoping (once the job offers on paper).. to have it all sorted within 3 months. touch wood etc..

police certificate forms will go off this weekend.

thanks

karl