Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Trying to stay possitive............hummmm..

Trying to stay possitive............hummmm..

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Trying to stay possitive............hummmm..

Well our ITA was lodged on the 18th June and reading the info from the London branch on waiting time, we could have another 6'ish weeks wait until we get assigned a C/O.
Now I no we wouldnt get seen to any quicker as we have no job offer there for time scale's not so important, but my nerves cant take much more
Its just the not knowing, UK~NZ~UK~NZ.
I keep suggesting to the other half he should start job hunting but he wants to see if NZ will have us on our own merrits!
This road at the mo seems very long and attempting it at only crawling pace is a very slow process!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

clarecarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trying to stay possitive............hummmm..

Hi
We are in a similar boat!

I am a nurse, but trying to get in with husband on our own merits, not submitting ITA until November. But yeah, I can imagine your anxiety...

Clare
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Thanks Clare,
Nice to no someone else in the same boat, its just you read about other people and how quick there ITA's are turned around and your sat waiting, waiting, waiting.....
Good luck tho, are you posting your doc's or taking in person, wish we had done the in person thing made a day of it, think it would of ment more, instead me and our little boy took a trip up to the local postoffice and then shopping in sainsburys, not quiet the same.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 5:23 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Thanks Clare,
Nice to no someone else in the same boat, its just you read about other people and how quick there ITA's are turned around and your sat waiting, waiting, waiting.....
Good luck tho, are you posting your doc's or taking in person, wish we had done the in person thing made a day of it, think it would of ment more, instead me and our little boy took a trip up to the local postoffice and then shopping in sainsburys, not quiet the same.
Can I ask if there is a reason why you wont get a job offer first? I am a nurse and took the first job offer as was very happy with it, had an interview set up within 24 hrs of my cv going out and was then given a c/o straight away, just a thought for you though, please dont think that I am trying to be nosey, just thought I would let you know that it is real easy to get a job offer well if you are on the skills shortage list), which then makes applying for pr much easier. God luck and hope you are not waiting too long.

Tina. x
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

clarecarr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Can I ask if there is a reason why you wont get a job offer first? I am a nurse and took the first job offer as was very happy with it, had an interview set up within 24 hrs of my cv going out and was then given a c/o straight away, just a thought for you though, please dont think that I am trying to be nosey, just thought I would let you know that it is real easy to get a job offer well if you are on the skills shortage list), which then makes applying for pr much easier. God luck and hope you are not waiting too long.

Tina. x
Hi

I still need to sell our house, I am trying to string this out a little bit. If all goes well then we hope to be in NZ in September 2010. Hoping to move to Christchurch, find a nice house over looking some water and live happy ever after of course...

Clare
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:38 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clarecarr
Hi

I still need to sell our house, I am trying to string this out a little bit. If all goes well then we hope to be in NZ in September 2010. Hoping to move to Christchurch, find a nice house over looking some water and live happy ever after of course...

Clare
Well keep positive and you will get there clare
Will let you know how we get on, I have no patience and this is doing my head in already, and we only submitted on tues!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Clare
You sound like your in the same position as us, one of the main reasons we havent gone down the job before route is we also are trying to sell our house,
but as yet nothing! but we were slightly delayed on getting it on the market due to not finishing the mountain of work!
We recon for us we should have a decision either way by early new year (according to max waiting times) taking the whole process to a year.
But even knowing that I still find it very hard to 'wait' it feels like a whole year of our lives havent yet got going 'just in case' you cant plan to far ahead 'just in case' I also find myself quietly saying good bye people and places I might not see again 'just in case'
Hopefully not to much longer
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Welsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really niceWelsh Jay is just really nice

My Experience of NZ house in London has been very positive... Circumstances are different as my wife is from NZ and is sponsoring me... but I lodged my application last Tuesday and was told it could be 3-4 weeks befoe I hear anything... Then got a call the very next day to say my Visa / Work permit was ready... THE NEXT DAY!!!

So hopefully things wont take as long as you have been told (fingers crossed for you).
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, kind of hoping to, but if it does we are over half way now hooray!!!!
Good news on yours tho
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

shaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really niceshaikav is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Well our ITA was lodged on the 18th June and reading the info from the London branch on waiting time, we could have another 6'ish weeks wait until we get assigned a C/O.
Now I no we wouldnt get seen to any quicker as we have no job offer there for time scale's not so important, but my nerves cant take much more
Its just the not knowing, UK~NZ~UK~NZ.
I keep suggesting to the other half he should start job hunting but he wants to see if NZ will have us on our own merrits!
This road at the mo seems very long and attempting it at only crawling pace is a very slow process!
we're just as anxious as you are . eoi selected since 12/08/09 but still waiting whether successful. we still got a long way to go.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

LOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shaikav
we're just as anxious as you are . eoi selected since 12/08/09 but still waiting whether successful. we still got a long way to go.
Hi, we are feeling in limbo land too, we submitted our ITA 8th May 2009 and where told it would take 1 to 3 months we had a job offer with a start date Aug 2009. Up till now we have not heard a thing, i have chased them and have been told we are in verification and hopefully they will get back to us in a few weeks!!!!! (How long is that) My OH is feeling really dissapointed and losing hope. We hoped to be out there now getting the boys ready to start school. I too have looked at others on here and some of them submitted their ITA after us and have actually been accepted and gone already. Sorry i sound a bit fed up and moaning, just would like to give my OH and boys some good news.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm
appreciate life

Smile Re: Trying to stay possitive............hummmm..

Originally Posted by LOHDYNA
Hi, we are feeling in limbo land too, we submitted our ITA 8th May 2009 and where told it would take 1 to 3 months we had a job offer with a start date Aug 2009. Up till now we have not heard a thing, i have chased them and have been told we are in verification and hopefully they will get back to us in a few weeks!!!!! (How long is that) My OH is feeling really dissapointed and losing hope. We hoped to be out there now getting the boys ready to start school. I too have looked at others on here and some of them submitted their ITA after us and have actually been accepted and gone already. Sorry i sound a bit fed up and moaning, just would like to give my OH and boys some good news.
Oh, Lohynda you have the right to have a moan, I tell you if I were you I would be typing my frustration every day on here!!!! That is a while aint it? How come, did you have to get referred to the medical assessors? I eally hope that you get to hear very soon we hope to be gone in Jan 2010. however, ours have just gone to medical assessors and c/o wanted more information (is now on anual leave) and we have a deadline of 1 month to get the extra info to her We want to send our things over begining of Nov, but not so sure we will know by then There you are, I have had a rant now also,

have some Karma from me to you, to help you relax and hope.

Tina. x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LOHDYNA
Hello
As everyone is having a bit of a rant, i thought i would say that if you decide to go down to NZ house to sorth this out in person - theres an english bloke that works in there - give him a slap from me for last friday

Good luck with your fight - if it takes me that long i will go camp out on their doorstep till they deal with me

Ok, im all done - feel better now
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:43 pm
appreciate life

Smile Re: Trying to stay possitive............hummmm..

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Hello
As everyone is having a bit of a rant, i thought i would say that if you decide to go down to NZ house to sorth this out in person - theres an english bloke that works in there - give him a slap from me for last friday

Good luck with your fight - if it takes me that long i will go camp out on their doorstep till they deal with me

Ok, im all done - feel better now
lol that did make me chuckle

I remember, he gave you crap didnt he?? I was lucky thank god, had the young nz pregnant lady. I cannot believe how stressfull this process is

I have been running around like a headless chicken getting extra info that c/o wishes to hae before she can move onto next stage of our application!!! Now have to wait for our lazy gp to write a letter for our 12 yr old who had day surgery when he was 2!!!! been a week already and still aint done, dr's eh???

Tina. x
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
lol that did make me chuckle

I remember, he gave you crap didnt he?? I was lucky thank god, had the young nz pregnant lady. I cannot believe how stressfull this process is

I have been running around like a headless chicken getting extra info that c/o wishes to hae before she can move onto next stage of our application!!! Now have to wait for our lazy gp to write a letter for our 12 yr old who had day surgery when he was 2!!!! been a week already and still aint done, dr's eh???

Tina. x
Jobsworths - i cant stand em

We had to pay £15 to our gp for him to fill in an insurance form to get our son a referral to a paediatric cardiologist and we had to chase it for a full 2 weeks. didnt actually get the form back until the morning that we were going to see the consultant - Insurance came through for us though
You just get sick of chasing stuff - my OH was at his wits end by the time we handed it all in - and to get that bloody man at the desk after nearly 1 1/2 hrs telling us we should have just posted it, well......
see im off again

Got the letter from INZ in London today -officially confirming recepit of the ITA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.