British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Travelling as a visitor (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/travelling-visitor-579352/)

kiwi4simone Dec 19th 2008 1:11 pm

Travelling as a visitor

Hi

Well we are all ready...our household effects were picked up this morning, tickets booked for 4th Jan. All i need now is my visa! My visa officer is still waiting for my medical referral to come back so has advised me to travel anyway and buy a return ticket to OZ, 6 months after we get there. As i have a job to start in Feb he said to apply for a temp work visa when we get there.
I'll certainly do that and feel much better about going now!

Wish us luck and really hope to meet some of you out there after the new year!

Merry christmas everyone and a happy new year!

:D

CarolineSwan Dec 19th 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Travelling as a visitor

Good Luck .... where abouts are you going to settle?

hope you have a fabulous time

caz :thumbsup:

kimberleyclarke2 Dec 19th 2008 6:06 pm

Good luck with everything. Hope everything works out for you! :D

x

kiwi4simone Dec 19th 2008 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by carolineshewan (Post 7083138)
Good Luck .... where abouts are you going to settle?

hope you have a fabulous time

caz :thumbsup:

Thanks very much!

We're staying in Hawera for a couple of weeks with my in laws! I have met them a few times and they're lovely. My other half hasnt seen them for 3 years so we have to go for a bit. My job is in Auckland and ill be starting work early Feb so looking forward to that! Will go there mid Jan to hunt for a place and childcare etc.
Our ultimate destination will be New Plymouth, its such a beautiful city and close enough to in laws for babysitting, far enough away to not interfere!

BEVS Dec 19th 2008 7:37 pm

Wishing you a safe journey and happy landings.
Have some Christmas karma to set you on your way .
Hope the weather has picked up for when you arrive.

Kimi-Deacon Dec 19th 2008 7:44 pm

Looks like Bevs karma wand is broken lol so i have started you off. Good Luck and safe Journey. :thumbsup:

kiwi4simone Dec 19th 2008 8:12 pm

Lol, it was the height of summer! Oh well, its got to be better than here...windy, raining and freezing!

We're all really excited, just not looking forward to the flight! Any tips on how to keep our 2 year old entertained! :eek:

Mccafferty Jan 2nd 2009 3:02 pm

Good luck, hope it all goes to plan:thumbsup:

littlelollipop Jan 2nd 2009 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by kiwi4simone (Post 7083304)
Thanks very much!

We're staying in Hawera for a couple of weeks with my in laws! I have met them a few times and they're lovely. My other half hasnt seen them for 3 years so we have to go for a bit. My job is in Auckland and ill be starting work early Feb so looking forward to that! Will go there mid Jan to hunt for a place and childcare etc.
Our ultimate destination will be New Plymouth, its such a beautiful city and close enough to in laws for babysitting, far enough away to not interfere!

hi - I am from Hawera and when we return later in the year we will be heading for New Plymouth - for the same reason - close enough for the babysitters!!! Good Luck.