British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Travelling back to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/travelling-back-uk-645249/)

thedtb Dec 17th 2009 8:33 pm

Travelling back to the UK

Ok Guys,

A quick recap...

Technically I'm in New Zealand on a Tourist VISA which expires in March.

My wife has a 2yr Temporary Work permit and we've received our ITA which we'll shortly be returning in relation to the PR application.

I know that I can drive to Wellington and on the same day get the relevant permit off the back of the wife's work permit that will allow me to stay in New Zealand beyond March if needed, until the PR application is processed etc, but for the time being am sitting tight.

It's looking increasingly likely that I'm going to need to shoot back to the UK - it'll probably take a week or two in total.

Can anyone offer me any advice in terms of where I stand in relation to leaving New Zealand and then getting back in a few weeks later either on a tourist VISA or (if I shoot down to Wellington to get the permit off the back of the wife's work permit), where I stand in terms of leaving NZ and getting back in on that too?

Looking forward to your thoughts...

thedtb Dec 20th 2009 8:24 am

Re: Travelling back to the UK

Anyone?

garfield250 Dec 20th 2009 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by thedtb (Post 8181167)
Ok Guys,

A quick recap...

Technically I'm in New Zealand on a Tourist VISA which expires in March.

My wife has a 2yr Temporary Work permit and we've received our ITA which we'll shortly be returning in relation to the PR application.

I know that I can drive to Wellington and on the same day get the relevant permit off the back of the wife's work permit that will allow me to stay in New Zealand beyond March if needed, until the PR application is processed etc, but for the time being am sitting tight.

It's looking increasingly likely that I'm going to need to shoot back to the UK - it'll probably take a week or two in total.

Can anyone offer me any advice in terms of where I stand in relation to leaving New Zealand and then getting back in a few weeks later either on a tourist VISA or (if I shoot down to Wellington to get the permit off the back of the wife's work permit), where I stand in terms of leaving NZ and getting back in on that too?

Looking forward to your thoughts...

IMO I would get down to Wellington and arrange your visa's and permits etc.:confused:

BEVS Dec 20th 2009 8:29 pm

Suggest you shoot down to Wellington and ask.

thedtb Dec 21st 2009 7:40 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8187719)
Suggest you shoot down to Wellington and ask.

Thanks guys - looks like a trip to Wellington may be on the cards then :-)