travel insurance

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of
Default travel insurance

do we need special travel insurance on a one way migrant flight? Just wondered as we're obviously taking a ton of stuff and not coming back to the UK.....
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:49 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travel insurance

I didn't bother, assuming that the chances of anything happening was fairly small and I took a chance that I wouldn't become terribly ill at LA airport and have to pay US medical fees

I did think about it but decided to take a risk knowing that the consequences could be pretty horrendous should something happen. It's probably not to be recommended - putting on my sensible hat now
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

I'm afraid I'm pretty cautious on travelling - I got really ill on holiday as a student and ended up in hospital for a week, missing my flight home, case load of drugs to take etc etc. Luckily I was insured but there were loads of people in the hospital (which was private) who weren't and were going to face HUGE bills.

Still, the food was nice and the weather was rubbish anyway
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

I didn't get travel insurance for our one way trip. Mind you, this wasn't intentional in any way it was just something I'd not thought about as it wasn't a holiday

Really though it is something I should have got as you just don't know what is round the corner. There I go again being all pessmistic. I wish I could shake this the glass is half empty way of looking at things
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I always get insurance if I'm going on holiday, too scared not to
I suppose it depends on your assessment and willingness to take risks. My opinion was that it was so unlikely anything would happen in that 28hours that I would chance it. Though whether that is a good idea can only depend on hindsight.
Sue
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Just organised ours with direct travel. Got premier cover for 2 adults,2 kids £64. This covers us for 17 days from when we leave Uk OR you can get it from date of landing for 17days.A lot of the one way insurance policies stop as soon as you arrive at final destination but we wanted the wee bit extra security as we will be staying in a motel to start with. HTH

Phyl x