British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Transfering work visa to Perm Residency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/transfering-work-visa-perm-residency-509664/)

loveauckland Jan 28th 2008 4:12 am

Transfering work visa to Perm Residency

Hi Guys,

I am on a work permit visa, that is tied into the company I work for.

Does anyone know if I will experience any difficulties in changing this to a perm residency not tied into any organisation?

I have been here for less than 12 months. I am not on the skilled shortage list and the company I work for is not any approved list.

Any advice. Any things I should look out for?

Cheers for the help.

Billy_NoMates Jan 28th 2008 4:26 am

Re: Transfering work visa to Perm Residency

Originally Posted by loveauckland (Post 5847376)
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if I will experience any difficulties in changing this to a perm residency not tied into any organisation?

I have been here for less than 12 months. I am not on the skilled shortage list and the company I work for is not any approved list.

Cheers for the help.

I was on a two year work permit tied to a DHB. Changed to PR after one year with no problem. I wrote to say they wanted to offer me permanent work but they couldn't without PR.

P2L Jan 28th 2008 8:38 am

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the help.

You say that your line of work is not on the skilled shortage list, but what EXACTLY is your job title ??:confused:

happynz Jan 28th 2008 9:08 am

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the help.

It isn't incumbent necessarily that you be on a shortage list. Your job does need to be classified as skilled. Once you have residency you can work at whatever you want, or if you are rich you can tell the whole world to get stuffed and spend your days fishing if that is what you wish to do.