Totally underestimated timetables?!?

Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

sarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nice
Default Totally underestimated timetables?!?

Up until a week ago I was looking at booking our flights for mid October, furniture to be shipped end of August, leaving parties beginning of August.... then I started reading these discussion forums!!!!

We received confirmation last week that we are eligible to apply for PR and that the ItA is in the post. My OH has a job offer which he is hoping to take up in November

I have just booked our medicals for next week (with our own GP, which I'm hoping will work in our favour)
- My OH's BMI is high and he does have high blood pressure, controlled by tablets
- But we're now getting paranoid that these facts may severely delay our application

Does anyone have any words of wisdom please?

Are we maybe being unrealistic to think we could get out there by October even with perfect medicals?!

Many thanks

Sarah
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:59 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Totally underestimated timetables?!?

Morning Sarah

Have just read your post and wondered if you are aware that your medicals are to be done by a New Zealand Immigration approved doctor?

Here is a list of panel doctors for the UK.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...=Guest&level=1

It's worth shopping around, even into the next County as the price varies greatly, and if you are lucky, you will find one that will do your medical and Xrays and get a discount!!!

Good Luck
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

sarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nice

Thanks P2L

Have now checked and, yes, they are panel doctors

I believe it is working out about £900 for 2 adults and 2 toddlers including our xrays
- I hadn't shopped around at all.... but I think time is probably of the essence now!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:02 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahandstew View Post
Thanks P2L

I believe it is working out about £900 for 2 adults and 2 toddlers including our xrays
- I hadn't shopped around at all.... but I think time is probably of the essence now!

Great

We did EOI through to blue stickers in 3 months, including Xmas!!!! and we had queries on medicals and work experience, so yes it is possible.

Can I suggest you go and get yourself a copy of Australia New Zealand from WH Smiths. It has a very comprehensive to do list, which you can cut out and keep.

Start by making sure passports have lots of time on them, you have FULL birth certificates for everyone, get work history collated, and fill the gaps if necessary, do the NZQA thing if you need to, and finally, tackle the garage, shed and loft NOW!!!!! Sell what you can, keep what you use ( replace with new if needed) and dump what you haven't used for donkeys!!!

Oh and get some sleep NOW!!!!!!

Good Luck
Sarah x
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by P2L View Post
Great

We did EOI through to blue stickers in 3 months, including Xmas!!!! and we had queries on medicals and work experience, so yes it is possible.

Can I suggest you go and get yourself a copy of Australia New Zealand from WH Smiths. It has a very comprehensive to do list, which you can cut out and keep.

Start by making sure passports have lots of time on them, you have FULL birth certificates for everyone, get work history collated, and fill the gaps if necessary, do the NZQA thing if you need to, and finally, tackle the garage, shed and loft NOW!!!!! Sell what you can, keep what you use ( replace with new if needed) and dump what you haven't used for donkeys!!!

Oh and get some sleep NOW!!!!!!

Good Luck
Sarah x
I love the comment about get some sleep! I wish someone had told me that I keep waking up in the night thinking - what do I need to do next! I now have a little NZ notebook for midnight scribblings!!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sarahandstew View Post
Thanks P2L

I didnt know that the medicals cost quite that much. Although we only have ourselves to pay for - no kids. Hopefully i'll be sorting this stuff out soon..... if we ever become successful!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Cheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really nice

We only paid less than £500 for 2 adults and 2 kids. You really need to shop around as the fees can vary considerably
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
We only paid less than £500 for 2 adults and 2 kids. You really need to shop around as the fees can vary considerably
Was that for UK or NZ?

It does depend where you are in the world & UK seems significantly higher!!

We paid £737 for 2 adults, 1 child aged 11 & 1 child aged 8 - all in. We did travel from the south coast to Maidenhead, but it was all in the same place & an evening appointment which worked for us.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we also went to Maidenhead which is very close to us and our medicals for 2 adults 1 child aged 13, 1 child aged 11 and one child aged 8 cost us £1000, all in.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Ours cost us just under £1500 for four adults and a child in Liverpool
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

£490.00 2 adults in manchester