Total Fees

Old May 2nd 2008, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Total Fees

Trying to figure out total fees for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children), applying from the US under skilled migrant category.

This is what I came up with:
EOI = NZD400 (online) (I hope this is for the whole family)
Residence Visa = NZD1800 (I hope this is for the whole family?)
Returning Resident's Visa = NZD140 (Per person I guess, 140x4=560)
Migration Levy = NZD1200 (I am pretty sure this is for the whole family)

Total Fees = NZD3960

Could you please confirm this if I get it right? Thanks.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Re: Total Fees

Originally Posted by Want2Move
Trying to figure out total fees for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children), applying from the US under skilled migrant category.

This is what I came up with:
EOI = NZD400 (online) (I hope this is for the whole family)
Residence Visa = NZD1800 (I hope this is for the whole family?)
Returning Resident's Visa = NZD140 (Per person I guess, 140x4=560)
Migration Levy = NZD1200 (I am pretty sure this is for the whole family)

Total Fees = NZD3960

Could you please confirm this if I get it right? Thanks.
Looks ok to me, not sure about the returning residents visa, I thought you might get one automatically with your residancy visa, which lasts for 2 years?

Of course, in addition you would have your medical costs as well,

Hope this helps,

Scottish N
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:42 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

What's "Residence Visa"? Is this the fee you pay when you submit your ITA? If so, I paid $1,400 in December. When you get your residency, you get your first RRV for free. Not sure if that is the case when applying from outside NZ, however.

Migrant levy is correct at $1,200 for a family of 4. It's $300 each, capped at $1,200 for a family, no matter the size.
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
What's "Residence Visa"? Is this the fee you pay when you submit your ITA? If so, I paid $1,400 in December. When you get your residency, you get your first RRV for free. Not sure if that is the case when applying from outside NZ, however.

Migrant levy is correct at $1,200 for a family of 4. It's $300 each, capped at $1,200 for a family, no matter the size.
Thanks Scottish N and Maz.

I am also not sure about "Residence Visa". I do not even know what point we are supposed to send that. It sounds like something to pay when you submit ITA. Because I remember seeing $1400 when I saw $1800 for us. It was $1400 for those who apply within NZ and probably Australia too, but if you are applying from else where, it was $1800. That is how I got that figure.

Was your RRV for 2 years? Does that mean you could leave NZ and come back within 2 years without any problems?
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:29 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scottish N and Maz.

I am also not sure about "Residence Visa". I do not even know what point we are supposed to send that. It sounds like something to pay when you submit ITA. Because I remember seeing $1400 when I saw $1800 for us. It was $1400 for those who apply within NZ and probably Australia too, but if you are applying from else where, it was $1800. That is how I got that figure.

Was your RRV for 2 years? Does that mean you could leave NZ and come back within 2 years without any problems?
Gotcha, yes same thing. It's just the fee for submitting the ITA paperwork. You do *not* get residency at that time.

Didn't know there was a difference between 1400 and 1800 for that.

Yes you can an RRV which is valid for 2 years. You get just the one, though. If you have to leave NZ more than once within those 2 years, you have to get another visa to let you back in the country.
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:32 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Maz
Gotcha, yes same thing. It's just the fee for submitting the ITA paperwork. You do *not* get residency at that time.

Didn't know there was a difference between 1400 and 1800 for that.

Yes you can an RRV which is valid for 2 years. You get just the one, though. If you have to leave NZ more than once within those 2 years, you have to get another visa to let you back in the country.
All in NZ$

EOI submission: $400
ITA paperwork & passport submission: $1400 in NZ, $1800 outside
Migrant Levy: $300 per person, capped at $1200 for a family

Actually, I don't know if, applying from outside the US, you get one or two visas. If you get just the one, you will use it up when you enter the country for the first time.

How many points did you get on the points indicator on the NZIS website?
Old May 4th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
All in NZ$

EOI submission: $400
ITA paperwork & passport submission: $1400 in NZ, $1800 outside
Migrant Levy: $300 per person, capped at $1200 for a family

Actually, I don't know if, applying from outside the US, you get one or two visas. If you get just the one, you will use it up when you enter the country for the first time.

How many points did you get on the points indicator on the NZIS website?
Thanks Maz.

Looks like it is going to be total NZD3400 for the whole family (4 people) as it seems like the RRV comes with the resident permit and no need to pay extra.

I read in another forum where somebody has talked about RRV and his answer is very clear. Credit goes to GeorgeM:

"Your initial RRV is valid for 2 years from the day you first step foot in NZ and activate your residence permit. Hence if you don't arrive until 6 months after you get your blue stickers you still have 2 years on your RRV.

Once you've activated your PR you can come and go as you please and you will always be let back into the country again as long as your RRV is still current."

About the points, that is the another mystery I need to figure out soon. NZIS points indicator is not very friendly when it comes to calculating points. I have gone through it several times and I get different score each time as I am not sure what to answer for some of the questions. Anyway, I think I get some where from 125 to 140. I have used few other websites (immigration companies) to calculate my points and I get different scores each time.

I wish somebody could help me with this point system, but not sure who to ask.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:08 am
Maz

Just ask us. Which sections are you getting different results in?
Old May 4th 2008, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Just ask us. Which sections are you getting different results in?
Thanks. Here are my answers, got 130. Only YES answers are here. Would you be able to go over this real quick and see if my answers are correct? Also please make sure I am not missing something that could add points to my score. My work experience and all of my post-secondary education were obtained in the US (BS, MPP, and MS).

"Skilled Employment"
All NO
"Qualification"
Do you have a recognised basic qualification? YES
Do you have a recognised post-graduate qualification? YES
"Relevant Work Experience"
Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) 6 years
Number of years of relevant work experience in New Zealand None
Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:
-identified future growth areas? 2 to 5 years
-areas of absolute skills shortage? 2 to 5 years
Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage? YES
"Age"
What is your current age? 30-39
"Other Family"
NO
"Partner"
Do you have a partner? YES
Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? YES, but needs to take IELTS to prove that.
Does your partner have a recognised basic qualification? YES
Old May 5th 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. Here are my answers, got 130. Only YES answers are here. Would you be able to go over this real quick and see if my answers are correct? Also please make sure I am not missing something that could add points to my score. My work experience and all of my post-secondary education were obtained in the US (BS, MPP, and MS).

"Skilled Employment"
All NO
"Qualification"
Do you have a recognised basic qualification? YES
Do you have a recognised post-graduate qualification? YES
"Relevant Work Experience"
Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) 6 years
Number of years of relevant work experience in New Zealand None
Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage? YES
"Age"
What is your current age? 30-39
"Other Family"
NO
"Partner"
Do you have a partner? YES
Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? YES, but needs to take IELTS to prove that.
Does your partner have a recognised basic qualification? YES
I have some questions want to ask:

1)

That mean you have work experience in New Zealand?

2)
Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? YES, but needs to take IELTS to prove that

Do your partner received tertiary education which are not taught in English?

Thank you
Old May 5th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by immigrants
I have some questions want to ask:

1)

That mean you have work experience in New Zealand?

2)
Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? YES, but needs to take IELTS to prove that

Do your partner received tertiary education which are not taught in English?

Thank you
1) Never been to NZ, so no work no study there. But I think you can claim points in that section as long as your job is listed in one or both of those two lists.

2) I am not sure what the tertiary education is, but my wife was educated in Thailand and it was NOT taught in English. Her degree and university are recognized by NZQA, but she needs to take IELTS to prove her English to NZIS.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

1) Never been to NZ, so no work no study there. But I think you can claim points in that section as long as your job is listed in one or both of those two lists.

2) I am not sure what the tertiary education is, but my wife was educated in Thailand and it was NOT taught in English. Her degree and university are recognized by NZQA, but she needs to take IELTS to prove her English to NZIS.
Thank you for your answer.

1) It seems that many points can claim if my qualification and work experience occur in Long Skill Shortage List as follow?

- Do you have a recognised basic qualification
- Do you have a recognised post-graduate qualification
- Do you have a qualification in any one of New Zealand's areas of absolute skills shortage
- Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere)
- Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:
identified future growth areas? areas of absolute skills shortage?
- Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage

too many points!