British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Timescales ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/timescales-ita-421352/)

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 6:40 pm

Timescales ITA

Hi everyone,

Just joined this site. Just wondering if anyone can give us any idea how long we can expect to wait to hear about our perminent residency application from the London office. We submitted our ITA for permenant residency on the 15th of January all the relevent documents are with it and I have a job offer. We know it says 1 to 3 months on the immigration website but if anyone out there has any advice about the process from know it would be much appreciated.:thumbup: :thumbup: many thanks

Jason & Andrea

P2L Jan 24th 2007 6:56 pm

Re: Timescales ITA

Originally Posted by jasonandrea (Post 4321305)
Hi everyone,

Just joined this site. Just wondering if anyone can give us any idea how long we can expect to wait to hear about our perminent residency application from the London office. We submitted our ITA for permenant residency on the 15th of January all the relevent documents are with it and I have a job offer. We know it says 1 to 3 months on the immigration website but if anyone out there has any advice about the process from know it would be much appreciated.:thumbup: :thumbup: many thanks

Jason & Andrea

We submitted ours on the 18th by hand. Got an email on Monday, asking for more evidence & saying that if we were unable to submit any further evidence by 22nd Februaury they would proceed without the information.

Like you OH has a job offer too, although we are not being pressurized at the moment but would like to know a decision soon :unsure: . I refuse to book flights, removals etc until we get our blue stickers. Don't want to tempt fate.

Sarah

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 7:00 pm

Thanks,

we haven't heard anything yet no e-mail, so that may be a good thing:confused: what extra evidence di they ask you for:confused:

P2L Jan 24th 2007 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by jasonandrea (Post 4321391)
Thanks,

we haven't heard anything yet no e-mail, so that may be a good thing:confused: what extra evidence di they ask you for:confused:

Extra evidence re work & my medical history ( had surgery last year)

dash1965 Jan 24th 2007 7:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Jason & Andrea

Hi,

We put our ITA in on November 20th last year (with job offer). Heard from the case officer two weeks later, I needed more liver tests to make sure no long term problem. Passed the results in on Jan 5th and got PR "approved in Principal on Monday this week (22nd).

Including the delay for my liver tests and Christmas the decision was made in two months.

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by dash1965 (Post 4321505)
Hi,

We put our ITA in on November 20th last year (with job offer). Heard from the case officer two weeks later, I needed more liver tests to make sure no long term problem. Passed the results in on Jan 5th and got PR "approved in Principal on Monday this week (22nd).

Including the delay for my liver tests and Christmas the decision was made in two months.

Thanks, ours shouldnt be that long then. what is the approved in principal?? not heard of that:confused:

P2L Jan 24th 2007 8:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Jason & Andrea

Where are you heading for??? Which one of you has the job?? Is it with an accredited employer??Have you got any kids??

Nosey aren't I :o ?? Sorry!!!

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 8:46 pm

I've got the job its with the prison service, (Government Corrections) heading for Christchurch can't wait just want everything through:D

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 8:48 pm

Sorry didn't reply fully!! its me jason who's got the job, my wife is Andrea we have 2 kids max 8 and charlotte 10

P2L Jan 24th 2007 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jasonandrea (Post 4321899)
I've got the job its with the prison service, (Government Corrections) heading for Christchurch can't wait just want everything through:D

Take it that "I" is Jason??:D

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4321912)
Take it that "I" is Jason??:D

yep thats me, what about you 2

P2L Jan 24th 2007 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jasonandrea (Post 4321907)
Sorry didn't reply fully!! its me jason who's got the job, my wife is Andrea we have 2 kids max 8 and charlotte 10

If you've got a prison job, I think they get you through the system quite quick.

We're headed S. Island too!! Hoping to get there before the weather turns;)

What about Andrea? Does she work?

jasonandrea Jan 24th 2007 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4321925)
If you've got a prison job, I think they get you through the system quite quick.

We're headed S. Island too!! Hoping to get there before the weather turns;)

What about Andrea? Does she work?

Andrea works at the moment. nothing lined up in nz at mo though, just have to wait till we get there, I was in chch in November for my interview. whereabouts are you going?

P2L Jan 24th 2007 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by jasonandrea (Post 4321932)
Andrea works at the moment. nothing lined up in nz at mo though, just have to wait till we get there, I was in chch in November for my interview. whereabouts are you going?

Blenheim, towards the top of South Island, where all the wineries are :D :D :D . Kev's in construction