British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   timeline please!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/timeline-please-522676/)

gina and danny Mar 18th 2008 2:17 pm

timeline please!!

just out of interest ( really want to know:D)

how long does it take from sending off complete application for work visa acredited employer,work visa and student visa all 2 year on wtr all to nz house london before you get the nice little visa thingys!!

gina

Knightm Mar 18th 2008 10:42 pm

Re: timeline please!!

if it's a work visa with an accredited employer, it should just be a couple of days. 2 weeks tops.. then it depends on where you send your application and time of the yr (holiday periods:thumbsup: etc) good luck :thumbsup:

11ThousandMilesFromHome Mar 19th 2008 12:52 am

we went for PR our timeline is in my signature

Good luck and hope you hear soon:thumbsup:

jevgeny Mar 19th 2008 9:29 pm

How need painter-decorator in NZ, how brutal confirm my skills without diploma and TAFE?
Sorry my have No English. :)

Knightm Mar 19th 2008 9:33 pm

On the NZ immigration website there is a lot of jobs which they consider as skilled roles for immigration purposes and what you would need to have (qualifications & / or experience).

sorry but you need to improve your English in the meantime as you would need to sit for an exam as well.

happynz Mar 19th 2008 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jevgeny (Post 6086335)
How need painter-decorator in NZ, how brutal confirm my skills without diploma and TAFE?
Sorry my have No English. :)

I would think you should also investigate IELTS requirements as English is not your first language. Alternatively, you may get a temporary work permit and if you can demonstrate to New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) that you have been working in an English speaking environment for a year or more they may waive the IELTS requirement.

Knightm Mar 19th 2008 9:55 pm

Happynz is right. You (and yr partner is any) would need to get IELTS. This requirement maybe removed if you demonstrate that you have yr degree was in English, attended school in specific English speaking countries or you used English as part of yr job requirements.

newkiwi Mar 20th 2008 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by gina and danny (Post 6079280)
just out of interest ( really want to know:D)

how long does it take from sending off complete application for work visa acredited employer,work visa and student visa all 2 year on wtr all to nz house london before you get the nice little visa thingys!!

gina

Ours took about two weeks, but this was quite a while ago (2003)