timelimit after ita submitted

Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

abelsolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default timelimit after ita submitted

hi everyone i am pleased to announce we now have our ita and ready for next stage. like many we need to sell our house before we go so a slight concern of mine is to go through the whole process and expense to be stuck here selling house. where we live is seasonal as on the coast in sussex in a holiday village and we may with the economic situation at present be stuck until next summer.
so first question is ;
1. how long have you got after you get your ITA approved?
2. if your situation changes as in we may have a baby or get pregnant in that time does this mean a new medical? we have a child of 5 already( i am always reading on hear that peoples lives are on hold because of the process but you only live once and waiting for up to a few years seems insane to me without carrying on regardless)
3. i am a sparky and in this silly trap of nz registration so how do you go about ? i need a job to get registration but if we are selling a house cant possibly arrange a job until we know we have sold our home but need the nz registration in my completed ita which needs to be in within 4 months? . do they accept peoples situation are different? will they allow some sort of arrangement?
4 is there a tel no. of someone you can call at immigration in london or email for some sort of correspondence to discuss these matters with. i am never sure how much is set in stone and what is not?

if our house sells then i will fly out immediately to arrange work and other bits which i hope to be by oct but who know?
we have savings and i was lucky to sell my boat last week which gave us a big boost both financial and emotionally but for me the home is the big one as the whole point of going is to be mortgage free and enjoy time and outdoor life ( we are not the type who talk about the outdoors we really do live it i might add and dont see nz as a dream but as a reality to do the things we enjoy and love in the non materialistic sense)

any help and advice would be great on this and i look forward to the stage when we can reciprocate this back and help others
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timelimit after ita submitted

Hi there

1.You have one year from date of visa issue to activate this,so if home not selling then can fly to NZ for short holiday and this will activate the visa.

2 & 3 sorry can't help on these

4. If you go onto NZIS website you can send an email to them with your queries. You can go into the section of FAQ and if you cannot find an answer that suits then it will allow you to email them.

Hope this helps

Phyllis
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

abelsolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: timelimit after ita submitted

yes it does help thanks loads and will post updates on our progress
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: timelimit after ita submitted

No. 3 My OH is a sparky and we only received a work to residence visa under the skilled migrant category because we didn't have the provisional licence to send with the ITA. The drawback of this is you have 3 months to send the WTR application back and then only 3 months to get to NZ which could be difficult if you need to sell your house before going. Our CO told us it was very difficult for Sparkys but not impossible. Have you been in touch with the EWRB? Their website is www.ewrb.govt.nz. If you have any other questions, please ask. We've just gone through the same thing. Regarding your last question, Immigration are not flexible at all on this. You either submit your ITA with provisional licence or without. With a provisional licence you may be granted PR without you may be granted WTR.