time scales

Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

darlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nice
Default time scales

just getting a little bit worried about the time it takes to get from EOI to ITA our EOI was selected on may 7th and all the literature on different sites points to the process taking 2 - 4 weeks i must admit i am not the most patient of people has any one else had to wait a long time any replies appreciated
tony
Old Jun 15th 2008, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Broaders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time scales

Originally Posted by darlo_tony
just getting a little bit worried about the time it takes to get from EOI to ITA our EOI was selected on may 7th and all the literature on different sites points to the process taking 2 - 4 weeks i must admit i am not the most patient of people has any one else had to wait a long time any replies appreciated
tony
Hi Tony.

Our ITA took about 6-7 weeks to be issued from the EOI being selected - keep checking the NZIS website - it will change from EOI selected to EOI successful - your ITA should then follow in the post within a few days to a week.

All the best.

Steven.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:33 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony, it depends on various factors, the more points the sooner your application will be looked at. It'll also depend on how big their backlog is

If you have a job offer you get your ITA within a few days. Without a job offer it takes a bit longer, we submitted with 110 points only and got our "decision successful" exactly 8 weeks after getting selected, then the ITA arrived in the post 3 days later.

I started a similar thread "how long from EOI to ITA", have a look there, you'll see a few more replies. Other people have added their timelines to their signature like myself, that'll give you another idea.

I know it's difficult to be patient (I should know, I kept checking the website several times a day to see if our status had changed!!! ), but you'll get there in the end!

Good luck!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Hi Tony
As you can see from our timeline it took 3 months for us to get our ITA after our EOI was selected. This was last year though and we didn't have a job offer. Not sure if things have got quicker now. It's horrible waiting isn't it? Keep hanging on in there
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,
Well my timescale is a bit strange but here goes:

EOI submitted 5/12/07
EOI selected 5/12/07

Decision successful 15/5/08!
ITA received the day after

ITA received NZ House 4/6/08
Email requesting interview 12/6/08
Interview done 16/6/08
I do not have a job offer

So fast, very very slow, then very fast again

Sue
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Our ITA took ages to arrive - see below. We thought that Immigration had been in contact with hubby's employer (accredited) and that the employer had mentioned the fact that we had to go through a court process (removal from jurisdiction) to enable my stepson to come with us.

We had a phone call from the employer to see how the visa application, etc, were coming along and we said we hadn't heard anything (no ITA) and thought that the employer had stalled, but that was not the case at all.

We then sent an email to Immigration saying that we had been picked from the pool months earlier and that we had received a letter saying a case officer was being appointed months ago, and when would we be receiving the ITA. We had an email back within 2 days saying a case officer was being appointed. On the third day we had an email from the case officer saying that an ITA would be sent out that day and within a couple of days after that the ITA arrived.

Maybe our EOI had been 'lost', we don't know, but it was extremely quick once we flagged up that we hadn't heard anything since January.

Actually, it has worked in our favour, because the timeline for the court process took six months (from Nov), so by the time the ITA eventually appeared, we had won our case and now we are ready to proceed. Had the ITA appeared in January, we would have had to submit it around about the same time we were in court and may not have known at the time if we would be 'allowed' to emigrate.

I suppose things happen for a reason ...