British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Time scale for visa from uk to nz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/time-scale-visa-uk-nz-775696/)

Natandandy Oct 25th 2012 9:33 am

Time scale for visa from uk to nz

Hi

Just about to apply for perm res visa (at long last getting all the stuff together ).

Can anyone tell me how long it is taking for visa to process, I know each visa is different just want a rough guide ?

My OH has a job offer will this make any difference (quicker finger crossed).

Also can anyone tell me the time scale for work to resident visa ?

simonsi Oct 25th 2012 10:36 am

Re: Time scale for visa from uk to nz

Originally Posted by Natandandy (Post 10348968)
Hi

Just about to apply for perm res visa (at long last getting all the stuff together ).

Can anyone tell me how long it is taking for visa to process, I know each visa is different just want a rough guide ?

My OH has a job offer will this make any difference (quicker finger crossed).

Also can anyone tell me the time scale for work to resident visa ?

Apply as in submit an EOI or reply to an ITA?

Job offer should have priority over those without, how much quicker that makes it depends on the case officer/branch's overall case load, the NZIS website has typical processing times for each branch.

Our WTR visa took 5 days passports door-to-door from submitting all the paperwork/passports and forms to receiving the visa'd passports back. That was with a job offer obviously but many of the requirements are identical for PR and WTR (police certs and medicals etc), so lots of the prep admin gathering was the same.

thepinkone Oct 25th 2012 4:21 pm

My time scale is in my signature, it includes 1 month of getting my paperwork in order when we were invited to apply after our EOI was accepted and time for medical referals (look below) so in theory could be quicker than our time scale (PR)

MrsFychan Oct 25th 2012 7:21 pm

my timescale is also in my signature. husband already had works visa and got that within hours from Wellington Immigration office and was working in NZ when we applied for PR. Our CO only worked 4 days a week and it was also over the Christmas period. It took 3mths for the Yes then another 2 weeks and a chase up for the secondary authorisation. as myself and the children had come over on visitors visa's we had the case file transferred to Wellington that took just over a week and then a couple of days for the blueys to go into the passport. Initially the wrong one's were put in but it made it officially the 14th February when the proper one's were in :D

Natandandy Oct 26th 2012 11:05 am

Thanks for the replys please keep them coming !

RobDon Oct 27th 2012 7:08 am

See our timeline below.

This was also with a job offer. :thumbup: