Time is getting near..........

Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Time is getting near..........

I took my daughter to the airport and we were both hugging and crying and then she went up the escalator and I wiped the tears from my eyes and everyone was just looking at me - felt awful - cried all the way in the lift to the carpark and then all the way home on the motorway - husband was driving.

The other way round, leaving my family in NZ - they just wave us off from their house and I cry all the way to Singapore.

But I would never cope if they came to the airport - when I get to Singapore I dive towards a free internet PC and send them an email - then dive to the phone when I get home.

I am off on Wednesday to New Zealand to visit my children and my virtual grandson (never met him yet). Cannot wait, hope the snow keeps off that runway at Manchester airport. Just packing my case now as I am working next Monday and Tuesday - stuff everywhere - nipped into M & S before as they have a lot of Spring clothes out and bought shorts and t shirts (weird or what in January)!!

Last edited by Paula2007; Jan 9th 2010 at 4:13 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:14 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time is getting near..........

Originally Posted by Paula2007
I took my daughter to the airport and we were both hugging and crying and then she went up the escalator and I wiped the tears from my eyes and everyone was just looking at me - felt awful - cried all the way in the lift to the carpark and then all the way home on the motorway - husband was driving.

The other way round, leaving my family in NZ - they just wave us off from their house and I cry all the way to Singapore.

But I would never cope if they came to the airport - when I get to Singapore I dive towards a free internet PC and send them an email - then dive to the phone when I get home.

I am off on Wednesday to New Zealand to visit my children and my virtual grandson (never met him yet). Cannot wait, hope the snow keeps off that runway at Manchester airport. Just packing my case now as I am working next Monday and Tuesday - stuff everywhere - nipped into M & S before as they have a lot of Spring clothes out and bought shorts and t shirts (weird or what in January)!!
snow keeps at bay for your flight

Have a wonderful time & enjoy your new grandson

Dewb
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

Thanks Dewb for your good wishes - getting excited now - hope the taxi can get up our hill to the house at 4.0am on Wednesday morning - we have had to leave our car at the bottom of the hill all week as the road is like an ice rink!!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:25 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Thanks Dewb for your good wishes - getting excited now - hope the taxi can get up our hill to the house at 4.0am on Wednesday morning - we have had to leave our car at the bottom of the hill all week as the road is like an ice rink!!
Bon voyage and safe journey! you manage to beat this arctic weather and escape to some warm air I'm sure you'll have wonderful, joyful time with your family and baby Grandson lol
B x
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:39 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Bon voyage and safe journey! you manage to beat this arctic weather and escape to some warm air I'm sure you'll have wonderful, joyful time with your family and baby Grandson lol
B x
I will be praying for you to get to that airport and on the plane!!!!! If you make it, jump on that free internet and let us know that you are acyually on your way???

Take care, sfe journey.

Tina..x
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

maccaronda is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck whateer you decide to do!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Wow, Tina!
and we thought all the anguish was over when you finally jumped through all the medical hoops.

good luck, kid. It sounds like you already have a great support net setup in NZ. keep breathing in and out. Particularly remember the OUT bit.

I wish all the very, very best. Try to enjoy it as much as you can XXX
love and luck always
jacqui
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:43 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

and so it comes to the biz end of moving to NZ,the leaving.

Not one book,person,bit of research or thinking can prepare you for this.

If you think its going to be hard when just thinking about it weeks before hand believe me the actual doing it is worse.

Iv'e NEVER seen my dad cry, hes a tough londoner, real dad who you grow up looking up to and we always had great times as a kid growing up despite not having a pot to piss in.

On the day he cried and even now on the phone 6 years later he still says things to make me realise his pain.

When I shook my brother in laws hand we both welled up a bit,managed not to shed the tear but only through manpower for the kids. And I did not see that coming on e little bit!

I say do the leaving parties and take them for what they are a celebration of freindships that were.Sure it might be sad and hard but no harder that not going.

Its sad to say but most 'freinds' once you get here will vanish of the face of the planet.Even the ones who you are sure will keep in touch wont. So take the chance now for a good farewell party as it is another memory that you can take with you and all part of the process.

all the best

george
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the advice, George. Very heartfelt. I don't have my final ok yet, but I will be certain to take your advice if and when my time comes!

jax
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:52 am
Just Joined

tessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nicetessa1 is just really nice

We got a taxi to the airport. Had said our goodbyes over the weekend and shed many tears. We personally found it much easier that way but everyones different!
When we got to the airport had a glass of bubbly and tried not to think to much about what was to come. I also avoided looking in mirrors as I looked shocking from the stressful weekend
Good Luck!!
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Hun
All our family wanted to wave us off from Airport but we had to say thank you but no thanks as we know it was going to be emotional enough as it was without saying good bye to loved ones at the airport, we booked a taxi from our home town of Reading to take us to Heathrow.
It`s very hard to leave but once we were at the airport we seemed to calm down and look forward to our fantastic journey ahead, im sure you will decide what is best for you and yours !!!

Take care, Hope the leaving do`s went ok
Ginny
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni

Not one book,person,bit of research or thinking can prepare you for this.

If you think its going to be hard when just thinking about it weeks before hand believe me the actual doing it is worse.

Iv'e NEVER seen my dad cry, hes a tough londoner, real dad who you grow up looking up to and we always had great times as a kid growing up despite not having a pot to piss in.

On the day he cried and even now on the phone 6 years later he still says things to make me realise his pain.

When I shook my brother in laws hand we both welled up a bit,managed not to shed the tear but only through manpower for the kids. And I did not see that coming on e little bit!

I say do the leaving parties and take them for what they are a celebration of freindships that were.Sure it might be sad and hard but no harder that not going.

Its sad to say but most 'freinds' once you get here will vanish of the face of the planet.Even the ones who you are sure will keep in touch wont. So take the chance now for a good farewell party as it is another memory that you can take with you and all part of the process.

all the best

george

My hubby`s dad broke his heart out when we were leaving from there house as we stayed with them in the run up to leaving, it was very very traumatic!!!
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Ohh this brings back so many memories. We said our goodbyes loads of times and on our last day had breakfast with my parents ( really emotional ) & then wanted to just quietly leave - trouble was around 30 of our friends & their children all turned up so it was VERY VERY hard.
BUT we are here now & it all seems such a long time ago although only a few months. Skype, internet make the world a small place.

Ohh and just keep thinking of that netball team that will need you so make sure you pack your 'kit' on top of your case

Safe journey x
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni

all the best

george

This is so true some of my daughters friends said they were saving up to visit that soon fell by the wayside. Some she speaks to on facebook but some friends she thought a lot of she never here's from any more. One in particular was going through a bad time with her partner and was on the verge of booking to go and stay with them for a month. Then all was Ok again and she has not heard from her since.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Denise

Know exactly how you're feeling, our friends want us to have a 'goodbye' do but we would rather just go quietly!! I guess I'm probably in denial and avoiding the emotions for as long as poss.... OH, doesn't mind one way or the other so has left it up to me to be the party pooper!!

We are going to have a couple of couples round for the evening before we go which will be a test on the emotions, but the 'goodbyes' to our 'kids' at home on 30th will be the true heartstring pullers!! Have to keep telling them and self that we will probably have more quality time when they visit us in NZ or we come back to visit UK.

When do you fly?? and where are you heading??...(sorry if should know this !!)

Good luck with your preparations and 'Goodbyes' & def get the balsam tissues!! lol
B x
Heading to Christchurch, Rollerston around mid Feb - can't book flights until house sale money in the bank (29th Jan)!!! No doubt I'll be posting more threads the nearer it gets!! Nervous, excited, scared, guilty and the list goes on and on and on...... D x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.