For those going over on tourist visa

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:41 am
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those going over on tourist visa

Ok could some one please clarify for me (im in the uk by the way)
1. I thought that i would be getting my airplane tickets and holiday visa to enter new zealand, but my mum has rung going places (already planning her first visit to see us, b4 we even leave) and they have told her as long as you have a return ticket you dont need one?????Wot i thought u had to buy a return ticket anyway?
2. After reading ur threads im confused about work visa / work permit i thought they were one and the same. I thought if OH got a job then he could get a work permit. Then off the back of this i could get work permit and kids school permit??? Wot is this work visa???

I also think the neccessary docs i need are:

health check 4 me and oh
police records if visa over a year

Please correct me if im wrong, and please please please dont direct me back to the immi website cause i feel like i have spent the last 4 months solid on there but i still seem to have everything wrong!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:06 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemz
Ok could some one please clarify for me (im in the uk by the way)
1. I thought that i would be getting my airplane tickets and holiday visa to enter new zealand, but my mum has rung going places (already planning her first visit to see us, b4 we even leave) and they have told her as long as you have a return ticket you dont need one?????Wot i thought u had to buy a return ticket anyway?
2. After reading ur threads im confused about work visa / work permit i thought they were one and the same. I thought if OH got a job then he could get a work permit. Then off the back of this i could get work permit and kids school permit??? Wot is this work visa???

I also think the neccessary docs i need are:

health check 4 me and oh
police records if visa over a year

Please correct me if im wrong, and please please please dont direct me back to the immi website cause i feel like i have spent the last 4 months solid on there but i still seem to have everything wrong!!!!

Confusing isn't the word for it!!!

Right see if we can help you out a bit

This explains what a visa is and a permit

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/VisaandPermit.htm

This is the quickest way of getting in although you still need to get your police checks and medicals too. YOU DON'T NEED A RETURN TICKET WITH A WORK VISA. However you are only entitled to stay for the period of your visa. If your OH is the work visa applicant, you apply on a spouses visa and the kids get student visas. You can keep on renewing your work visa

IMO if you have the time, money and wish to, I would come over on a Residency visa. You know that you are here long term and in most cases restrictions are removed once you have been here for 3 months. You are also entitled to claim family assistance ( or whatever it's called this week!!) which if you are on a low wage could make a difference and also claim towards childcare costs too if you both work, and need some support

If you have parents who wish to follow on, you can apply to sponsor them once you have had residency for 3 years too. If you come on a work visa and then apply for residency, it's my understanding that your work visa period will not count towards the 3 years.

I hope this helps, or have I managed to confuse you even more ???
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Right i think i get what ur saying, but as i dont have an offer of employment dont i have to go out on a holiday visa? Then when i get in new zealand do i get a permit or visa? After which i want to apply for PR but i dont have enough points tll i get a job.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:26 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Right i think i get what ur saying, but as i dont have an offer of employment dont i have to go out on a holiday visa? Then when i get in new zealand do i get a permit or visa? After which i want to apply for PR but i dont have enough points tll i get a job.

That's about the long and short of it!!

You don't necessarily need a return ticket to the UK, just an onward ticket, so go for the cheapest option, which would probably be a ticket to Oz, bring your police checks with you and do your medicals here.

Also worth making sure that you have all paperwork in place for PR, BEFORE you leave the UK, cos it's gonna be a pain to sort from here!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for info !!! Have found the bit on the immigration website and it says i need a work permit but if i want to leave the country and then come back again then i need a visa as well, which i think is probably the best option for me, as some of my family is quite old and if anything happened i would like to be able to come back without the worry im gonna have to start again.Could i ask though why u said to get the health checks done in NZ wouldnt it be easier to get it done here as then as soon as i get a job i can appy for work permit without waiting for health checks?
thanks x
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:41 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Hi thanks for info !!! Have found the bit on the immigration website and it says i need a work permit but if i want to leave the country and then come back again then i need a visa as well, which i think is probably the best option for me, as some of my family is quite old and if anything happened i would like to be able to come back without the worry im gonna have to start again.Could i ask though why u said to get the health checks done in NZ wouldnt it be easier to get it done here as then as soon as i get a job i can appy for work permit without waiting for health checks?
thanks x

I suggested doing the medical bit here cos from previous posts on BE, it tends to be cheaper, easier and faster to do over here. Depending on where you live in the UK, you could be waiting up to 4 weeks for an appt
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I suggested doing the medical bit here cos from previous posts on BE, it tends to be cheaper, easier and faster to do over here. Depending on where you live in the UK, you could be waiting up to 4 weeks for an appt
Like a lot of others before me i can't get a visa without getting a job. So were heading down south around August time in search of that illlusive job offer. Without it i have 105 pts, with it in Wellington 165 pts. Do i re submit my EOI with 105 pts before i go or should i do nothing until i get that job offer? The $64k dollar question.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:54 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Like a lot of others before me i can't get a visa without getting a job. So were heading down south around August time in search of that illlusive job offer. Without it i have 105 pts, with it in Wellington 165 pts. Do i re submit my EOI with 105 pts before i go or should i do nothing until i get that job offer? The $64k dollar question.
If I was in your situation I'd get the job offer, submit the paperwork for a work visa and then with the 165 points I'd submit the EOI having the confidence that my EOI would automatically be pulled out of the pool.

Good luck.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Karen2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really nice

Hi

I have received my passport back from immigration with my work permit in it and it says I cannot leave the country or the permit will expire . I am hoping my PR will be approved before this becomes a problem !! no holidays until immigration make their decision , but like you say a bit worrying if I have to go back to the Uk for any reason

Karen
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi

I have received my passport back from immigration with my work permit in it and it says I cannot leave the country or the permit will expire . I am hoping my PR will be approved before this becomes a problem !! no holidays until immigration make their decision , but like you say a bit worrying if I have to go back to the Uk for any reason

Karen
Karen:

Did you also apply for a work visa? For British it's an additional NZD$160. Maybe you should. You never know, you might win a trip to the Gold Coast or something and you'd hate to pass that up, eh?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Karen2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really nice

Hi
Quick update for those still waiting for PR through the partnership policy . I have received my confirmation back it is approved !!!!!! received the work visa last week and now this, just 1 week apart , waste of money paying for the visa as I don`t need it now . So much for the 18 month wait I submitted in Feb so that`s only about 4 months . Now I have to find another 300 dollars for the stickers to be put into my passport .
So there is hope that others will get theirs through quicker aswell , perhaps 18 months is a standard timescale quoted but it is very misleading all the same .

Karen
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:49 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Quick update for those still waiting for PR through the partnership policy . I have received my confirmation back it is approved !!!!!! received the work visa last week and now this, just 1 week apart , waste of money paying for the visa as I don`t need it now . So much for the 18 month wait I submitted in Feb so that`s only about 4 months . Now I have to find another 300 dollars for the stickers to be put into my passport .
So there is hope that others will get theirs through quicker aswell , perhaps 18 months is a standard timescale quoted but it is very misleading all the same .

Karen

WOW! that's awesome! I just can't believe it! I received a letter telling me that my application was being 'considered' and that I would be assigned a case officer in nine months, did you get that? I've also found out that the work permit doesn't allow you to study, you have to send off a variation of conditions form for another $60 and another 60 days, bummmer! But your post is reassuring, I hope I can get my quickly.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:55 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Karen
Also, was this to the Auckland immigration?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mucho congrats to Littletoe and Karen2000. Its nice to read the papers are through

We had the same thing Karen , back in 2004.It was said that PR could take several months. We applied for the work visas because of timings and to make sure the NZ employer was not let down & then right on the week I arrive in NZ [ 2 months after husband] our ITA came through.

I am a bit relieved to read about the turn round times. I have managed to help an Hungarian family secure a further 6 month work permit here in NZ . Turn round time for this,from Dunedin branch , was one week. It was a section 35a too, which is a late application & requires extra consideration.

They chose six months to avoid the extra costs of new x-ray certs etc. This family live off the minimum NZ wage bands. His hourly rate as a plumber is just $14. Her part time work pays $12 per hour. Every single dollar has to count.

I'll now go on to help them submit their EOI and have to hope that something comes through within the six months. Fingers crossed for them and for you all.

PRs for Springtime sounds lovely.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Littletoe

I got a letter on 1st May to say my case officer had been appointed and asking me for a list of extra evidence he required , I replied to that asap and then out of the blue the letter on Weds asking me to send in my passport for the stickers . I was stunned to be honest , and it was the office in Auckland Manukau City I applied to probably the same office as you .
I wish you luck with your application, it cant be too far behind mine I`m sure , it seems that once you have the case officer it is approved fairly quickly . I have been lucky and have 2 interviews lined up for jobs so fingers crossed I will be working very soon !!

Regards Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.