For those applying at the moment

Old May 7th 2009, 7:31 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those applying at the moment

Just realised it's around a year ago that I was wrangling with NZIS and desperate to receive an ITA. A position many of you will sympathise with
I wrote this in a post around that time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Sorry to worry you. I know how it feels, you get selected and it's and just want everything to move quickly and it's a bit of a shock when it doesn't.

My plan is to just go over and look for a job, the other half lives there so it's as easy as it can be for me really. I don't have a house or car to sell either so can just go. Maybe come back for a bit if I don't find a job and do some travelling or locum work here until the visa gets sorted. I'm very unsure and confused at the moment, not sure what I'll be doing when and I don't like that! Just wish I could transport myself a year into the future and see what's going to happen and the best way to deal with it all! I suppose we all do

I'm a great believer in things will always turn out well in the end

Sue
Well now I am a year into the future and in NZ with a residency permit in my passport, a good job and a very happy life.
Think I'm just trying to say that as frustrating, annoying, long and difficult the process is, you will get there and it is the end result that matters in the long run
We've all been there, stay positive and most of all patient All good things come to those who wait
All the best to those who are in the middle of the application process
Sue
Old May 7th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those applying at the moment

Nice one Sue,have some karma for being nice and thoughtful........and for the fact that I cannot believe it has been a year since all of the carry on with NZIS

Phyl x
Old May 7th 2009, 11:13 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Phyl x
Me too, can't believe it was a year ago now. Everything in my life was just so up in the air at that point in time. Hey it's almost a year since you were selected as well, bet it doesn't seem that long to you either.
Time travels so fast even though I have done so much in the last 12m It's been a rollercoaster but worth it
Sue
Old May 8th 2009, 6:04 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Persephone!

What a great thread!! Thanks Thanks Thanks

I am quite down at the moment as I am still to hear back from NZIS...

I have been living in a hotel room since end of Jan, Sold my car beginning of Jan so time is DRAGGING I am telling you...

Hopefully it is all worth it in the end!

I have finished my OH's paperwork so we will lodge his application this week... Fingers crossed he can travel soon n we can find him a job n get on with our new life in Auckland!

MANY THANKS again!!
Old May 9th 2009, 8:12 am
Queen of the Underworld

Thanks Persephone!
Did you recognise me? Guessing Mr Rush gives it away

So sorry to hear that you are still waiting. It is so very frustrating when you cannot make plans and have to deal with the uncertainty it generates. It must be worse for you as you have that job offer and your employer wants you there now yet NZIS are dragging their heels

I just had a very long wait for an ITA and when others on here who were selected months after me were getting them I went down the complaint letter route [though this was after numerous attempts to contact NZIS and going into NZ House a few times]. It's a long story but my flights and holidays were booked with what should have been more than enough time to get everything done before I left. Other things were going on as well which were pretty stressful

I'd just been thinking about this time last year when I decided to write this thread and how much my life had changed for the better since then.
Unfortunately with NZIS you just have to try not to let it get you down, I know it is a lot easier to say than to do. There is light at the end of the tunnel, honest!
Keeping everything crossed for you
Sue
Old May 9th 2009, 2:37 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Did you recognise me? Guessing Mr Rush gives it away
You confused me!!! LOL
Old May 9th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the middle of process, it does feel long, still, with Canada's average waiting time of 4 years, maybe it's not. I wish I could speed it up though!
Old May 11th 2009, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all

Thanks for those kind words Sue. Hoping to hear from a CO is the next 3-4 weeks. Fingers crossed. Time does drag and all seems uncertain. Hpe it's all worth it. Helen. x