Thinking ahead. 2yrs after PR

Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thinking ahead. 2yrs after PR

Hi

I'm jumping the gun a bit as I don't quite have my PR but I do love to plan ahead .

You arrive in NZ with PR. What happens with that PR. Is it indefinite? Got a feeling not. Do we have to do something with it after 2 years. Do we have to prove ourselves again, by that I mean medicals etc.

Over the months I've seen the odd post about this subject but when I want to find them I can't.

Any help would be appreciated
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:33 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking ahead. 2yrs after PR

Originally Posted by Numptyhead View Post
Hi

I'm jumping the gun a bit as I don't quite have my PR but I do love to plan ahead .

You arrive in NZ with PR. What happens with that PR. Is it indefinite? Got a feeling not. Do we have to do something with it after 2 years. Do we have to prove ourselves again, by that I mean medicals etc.

Over the months I've seen the odd post about this subject but when I want to find them I can't.

Any help would be appreciated
When you get your blue stickers in your passport, one of them is a Returning Residents Visa - this is valid for 2 years from your date of entry. When the 2 years is up you print off the same Residents Visa form, complete it and return it with the fee and your passports to your nearest Immigration office and then you'll get back an Indefinate Returning Residents Visa and can then come and go as you please. After that, at the 5 year mark, you can become a Citizen.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Well you cleared that up nicely. Thank you so much...I seem to be thanking you a lot just lately xx
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you cleared that up nicely. Thank you so much...I seem to be thanking you a lot just lately xx
I accept bottles of Bollinger for my efforts ...
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
I accept bottles of Bollinger for my efforts ...
I know this is going to sound really ignorant...what is Bollinger?...I'm guessing champayne
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is going to sound really ignorant...what is Bollinger?...I'm guessing champayne
will Veuve Cliquot do?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves View Post
will Veuve Cliquot do?
Mumm's the word. And for us thickos (me) what exactly are the advantages of citizenship over PR with the indefinite return stamp please?? I understand the cost for citizenship is about $300 per nipper and about $450 for adults.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:24 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Mumm's the word. And for us thickos (me) what exactly are the advantages of citizenship over PR with the indefinite return stamp please?? I understand the cost for citizenship is about $300 per nipper and about $450 for adults.
I'd love to know too...

Can dear (oh dear) BEVS brief us all please?? You wait, she will write an essay ...
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Matewx View Post
I'd love to know too...

Can dear (oh dear) BEVS brief us all please?? You wait, she will write an essay ...

U can live and work in australia if youre a nz citizen.

it is also possible for the government to revoke your PR if you are deemed to be a threat to nz or if you commit serious crimes. there was a case a while back of a UK citizen who had lived in Aus since he was two, but never applied for citizenship havig his PR stripped and deported out of aus after he committed some crime or other.

as it stands now you can move away from nz for extended periods of time if you have indefinate PR, but thazts not to say the Government wont impose restrictions on PRs living outside of Nz in future

you can represent nz in sport so if you have olympic ambitions or want to play for the all blacks..

the main thing really is the security of having a nz passport that you cant have taken off you, even if you decide to go and live somewhere else for extended periods..
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to know too...

Cheeky git.

New kiwi seems to have covered all bases nicely. In fact I'm bunging 'em karma just because.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:19 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks newkiwi... It makes sense...

Oh came to Uk on a student visa, then work visa, then PR, then Citizenship... Then we left for NZ lol ~ But at least now he is "Europeen" with all the benefits linked to it... For once, we can move back to my lovely France tomorrow n not worry about papers (sweet dreams...)

Originally Posted by newkiwi View Post
it is also possible for the government to revoke your PR if you are deemed to be a threat to nz or if you commit serious crimes. there was a case a while back of a UK citizen who had lived in Aus since he was two, but never applied for citizenship havig his PR stripped and deported out of aus after he committed some crime or other.
Can i just say how bad I feel for the poor idiot that committed crimes to have his PR stripped and that he got deported... Bless... The idiot should have thought about it in the first place anyway...

On a different level, it amazes me how some ppl commit crimes and then ask you to feel sorry for them coz they are being deported or similar... Well!!! How about you think to start with? I know some countries are not the safest to be deported to, I know!! Then, even more, you should think!!! Rant over!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:20 pm
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Cheeky git.

New kiwi seems to have covered all bases nicely. In fact I'm bunging 'em karma just because.
Awww it's only coz I love you...
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Awww it's only coz I love you...
im getting out before this turns into a menage a trois...
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pros_a...nd_Citizenship