Thinking about teaching in NZ

Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

mazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking about teaching in NZ

Hi,

I'm a primary school teacher and want to work in australia or NZ. I have been given details about being sponsored for a teaching post in Western Australia but unfortunatley they are no longer placing primary teachers in WA. Does any one know if there is a sponsored scheme in NZ for primary teachers or if you need to go through the whole process of finding a job on your own?

Mazz
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:54 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Thinking about teaching in NZ

Hi Mazz,

You might want to take a look at this site http://www.teachnz.govt.nz/uk to get you started.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

mazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply and the site, I have already been on that site and it did answer a few of my questions. There is a meeting this month in Manchester where TeachNZ have a stand. Do you know if it would be useful to go down and see them? Will they be able to give me more information than is on the website?
Mazz
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:34 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mazz
Thanks for the reply and the site, I have already been on that site and it did answer a few of my questions. There is a meeting this month in Manchester where TeachNZ have a stand. Do you know if it would be useful to go down and see them? Will they be able to give me more information than is on the website?
Mazz
Dunno, but I'm sure a face to face wouldn't hurt any. Go for it.