things I could be collating for ITA

Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant future
Default things I could be collating for ITA

Dear colleagues,

I know a similar question on the above subject was asked recently, but I have a particular question about work references for an ITA. I hope I am not "jumping the gun" by asking this, as my online EOI has been selected but an ITA has not been sent yet... However I would like to see if I can start getting things together beforehand.

So with regards to work references, who would a reference be made out to? Would it be the immigration office address that is dealing with your case? (in my case London). Also what else is needed for an ITA? police record and medical... anything else?

I guess I just like to be prepared...SHOULD i get sent an ITA... here's hoping

Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:25 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: things I could be collating for ITA

Originally Posted by elasmo1
Dear colleagues,

I know a similar question on the above subject was asked recently, but I have a particular question about work references for an ITA. I hope I am not "jumping the gun" by asking this, as my online EOI has been selected but an ITA has not been sent yet... However I would like to see if I can start getting things together beforehand.

So with regards to work references, who would a reference be made out to? Would it be the immigration office address that is dealing with your case? (in my case London). Also what else is needed for an ITA? police record and medical... anything else?

I guess I just like to be prepared...SHOULD i get sent an ITA... here's hoping

Why would a reference be made out to anyone?

Your ITA will start a 4 month clock tick down so wait until you get your post.

If you are applying alone not too much to do if taking a partner then start gathering evidence that you are really together and not just two names on a marriage certificate.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant future

thanks for that Stormer, yes I would be applying alone so I am thinking the only thing that will take a bit of time would be the work references. I understand what you mean about "should it be addressed to anyone?", I also thought that they should just start perhaps "To Whom it May Concern:"

but I have had a few of my references say to me via email "who should I make the reference out to?", hence the question...

I guess I just wanted to know what other people had on the work references letters

thanks for your input

Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Mine were written on headed notepaper and not addressed to anyone- just 'To whom it may concern'
Make sure they put the dates of your employment [obviously] but also the number of hours you worked per week [as needs to be over 30 hours to class as fulltime] Mine also put a very brief outline of my job details which was unnecessary but it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when one said I was a valued, hardworking and reliable member of staff...

Your Police record will last for 6m from the date of issue and your medicals only 3m so make sure you don't do these too early. You should receive your ITA within 6m though so getting a police cert would not be a problem. It says you are in Seattle so it depends how quick the Americans are at issuing one, I only have experience of the UK. You need one from every country you've lived in for more than 12m in the last 10 years.
For the medicals I would phone round the local panel doctors and get an idea of costs and also waiting times so you're ready to go when the ITA arrives.
You also need a full birth certificate, you may have to apply for a long one if you haven't got one already [I'm assuming you're British but live in the USA]
I got copies of my degree certificate and registration certs certified as I didn't want them sitting around an office at risk of getting lost That only cost me £2 per copy at a local solicitor.
If you need any occupational registration then get everything ready for that-that was the longest process for me.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Persephone, that's a real help!

Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

I have one extra question, and this maybe a tricky one to answer!

Persephone, you said that I needed a police certificate for every country that I lived in for over 12 months. Yes you are right, I am a British citizen and I am literally a few weeks away from getting my US citizenship (just waiting on an oath ceremony).

The thing is, this whole process involves them making sure you have a clean criminal record, they do an FBI check on you etc. and take your biometrics..

surely that would cover me for NZ immigration? It seems silly to have to fork out more money for the same process which I have just passed!

any ideas anyone?

regards

Paul
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I can't answer that
Does this help?

USA specific procedure
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

well I thought I would ask a nice IO in the London branch office, she's been very helpful in the past and she said any proof of the fingerprints (I do have receipt of biometrics from USCIS) should suffice, so hopefully that will be ok...

oh and guess who received an ITA today?

now the real work starts!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:22 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elasmo1
well I thought I would ask a nice IO in the London branch office, she's been very helpful in the past and she said any proof of the fingerprints (I do have receipt of biometrics from USCIS) should suffice, so hopefully that will be ok...

oh and guess who received an ITA today?

now the real work starts!
Magic..... I just posted our application this morning, The medicals took 1 month of extra tests for the panel doc!.....
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

ahhhh but I just read over the full ITA and requirements and it looks like this full definition of "work experience" is coming back to haunt me again

I had put down my PhD studies as work experience as I conducted my research at a professional marine institute, but I was not EMPLOYED. On my EOI I said I "worked" at *** institute.... etc... and that's precisely what I did. Nowhere on the EOI application does it state, work experience means you HAVE to be employed and it HAS to be over 30 hours per week...

AND so I am going to inquire about this with my London IO but I am pretty much guessing that it will not "count" and therefore my points will drop and my ITA will be withdrawn. I mean what are the alternatives? submit the documents, spend 1000 pounds and just hope it will be ok?

I don't think so, it's soooo frustrating. Why do they not state the word "employed" in the EOI, "work experience" is such a vague definition! it should be more precise surely!?

oh well I will let you guys know what the IO says
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:18 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Yet another hurdle

See what the IO says and decide from there. Work experience can be less than 30hrs per week but the total amount of work experience you can claim for will be less which may or may not reduce your points total. It's worked out as a proportion of the hours you worked eg 4 years work at 15hrs per week is classed as 2 years work.
You have to explain how your work experience is relevant so could you go to town on this and make it work for you?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that input Persephone, I did send an email today where I tried to justify that my PhD research was the most pertinent experience to the category of environmental scientist. I even went as far to mention the importance of this area in the marine context, considering what has happened in the bay of plenty at the moment etc.

BUT at the end of the day, it's not me who decides. My IO has been SO helpful so I trust she will give me the correct information...

Just feels so terribly cruel to have the ITA printed out and being so close

oh well, let's see what happens
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

well I got an email from another IO in London which confirmed my fears, my PhD studies does not count as work experience, so I guess my EOI will have to be edited and re-submitted again with a much reduced score...

oh well, just means I'll need that job offer anyway, and it just makes me even more determined to get one when I get down to NZ in February 2012
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone,

I need the good advise of the knowledged posters on here!

SO I got issued an ITA BUT my points claimed are not correct. SO I asked the IO in London if she could simply return the EOI to the pool, but she said as an ITA had been issued she couldn't!

SO how am I supposed to know my updated score if I can't edit the original EOI? and also should I find out the correct score how will they know what 2 week pool score I would be submitting the ITA from? as it takes several weeks just to compile, does everyone understand? It's very confusing!

I'm stuck with just working out the correct points awarded for work experience, originally I got 30 points for 10 years, but now it's reduced to 6 years, so can anyone tell me how many points I would get for 6 years?

god what a strange system; can't return the EOI after the ITA has been issued?
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

fychan66 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe use the online points checker
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.