Things to get ready

Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Thumbs up Things to get ready

Hi
We are waiting on the ITA (fingers crossed) we dont have a job offer so i understand we could be waiting a few months although as nurses our occupation is in a skills shortage category dont no if this makes a difference.

What kind of things can i get ready? and where can i get info on medicals, police checks etc. Is the police check the same as CRB? If possible could someone forward a document checklist for the ITA?

Many thanks
Kat.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default Re: Things to get ready

hi kat

we have just got our ITA i would say apply for your police checks as they take about 6 weeks, if you pm me your email address i will send you the form over. also get all your work experience all sorted out and get the reference to what you have done etc, there are a lot of people on here who are nurses who will be able to tell you better than me. also the stuff you need to prove that you are a couple etc, (team embo sent a really good list yesterday if you can have a look) also if you have any mortgage papers or council tax forms etc and get them all together.
perhaps also if you are taking any animals get their jabs upto date as later on they will need blood tests etc
hope that is enough to go on

with regards

kirstie
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:16 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi
We are waiting on the ITA (fingers crossed) we dont have a job offer so i understand we could be waiting a few months although as nurses our occupation is in a skills shortage category dont no if this makes a difference.

What kind of things can i get ready? and where can i get info on medicals, police checks etc. Is the police check the same as CRB? If possible could someone forward a document checklist for the ITA?

Many thanks
Kat.

Evening Kat

I know it's a really nerve racking time at the moment so you're doing absolutely the right thing by doing what you can.

If you take a look at the Wiki under the immigration part, I posted a list of what you need to include in your ITA. There may be some other stuff in there too that is of use to you. As for the police checks, If you do a search under your Local Force on the net and then search their site for 'Data Protection' you should find your form in there

HTH
Sarah
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Where was the info posted about relationship evidence? We've got our ITA through, medicals are booked, were waiting for the police checks to come back, so we're getting all the docs sorted and trying to get everything in order, we've got our marriage certificate but we've never had a joint bank account or anything like that, what else can we use???

Cheers

Richy and Kat
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:22 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Have cut and pasted said post to save anyone searching

...have all your evidence and supporting documentation in order and as requested it does make their (NZIS) job easier as they don't have to spend time chasing up information with/from you.

For example, a marriage certificate and childrens birth certificates is not enough to prove your relationship. Get friends and family to write relationship testimonials. The writer should put their name, address and all contact details at the top. Address the letter to NZ Immigration, To Whom It May Concern and date the letter.

The writer should state who they are and what relationship they are to you and/or your partner/spouse. They need to state the length of that relationship. They should say how long you have been in your relationship and confirm you both live at the address you have stated and the length of time you have both lived there. They should also put in a paragraph about joint things/hobbies you as a couple enjoy, details of any family holidays, events, etc. The should close by stating their opinion on whether you are in a loving, stable relationship. It is unlikely but the writers of yours letters should be aware that NZIS may want to contact them to confirm any of these details. These just have to be brief, to the point paragraphs, not lengthy novels! Photographs or events attended, especially in the preceding 12 months also count (write on the back in pencil who's who and what event and the date of the event), joint invitations to family functions, joint utilities bills, joint bank statement, joint gym membership, etc. Cards to you both, ie anniversary etc. Oh, and they do like to see the envelopes as well if possible to see that the letters are addressed to you both at the address you have stated and so they can see the postmark/date.

Hope this helps.

PS. Richy and Kat have emailed this to you.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi

Many thanks
Kat.
No, migration police checks are known as Subject Access or Data Protection checks and aren't the same as CRB.