British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Are there any nursing jobs in New Zealand ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/there-any-nursing-jobs-new-zealand-634398/)

yjx1nt7 Oct 7th 2009 7:00 am

Are there any nursing jobs in New Zealand ?

Hi
Does anyone know how the nursing jobs vacancy is in New Zealand especially the South ?
As we are trying to speed our ITA by getting a job offer , but my agency seems to be having difficulty.
I m a band 7 with 20 years medical and managerial experience within the NHS Nursing homes seems to be the only option
Any advice ?:confused:

willand tina_h Oct 7th 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Are there any nursing jobs in New Zealand ?

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7 (Post 7996120)
Hi
Does anyone know how the nursing jobs vacancy is in New Zealand especially the South ?
As we are trying to speed our ITA by getting a job offer , but my agency seems to be having difficulty.
I m a band 7 with 20 years medical and managerial experience within the NHS Nursing homes seems to be the only option

Hi, welcome, I got a job really quick with geneva healthcare, have you tried them?

Tina. x

MooMoo290373 Oct 8th 2009 8:47 am

Hubby is a nurse we did use Tonix at first but they just wasnt helping us find a job in our choosen area, so huuby contact the DHB himself and applied on-line had interview and got the job, so i would suggest contacting the nursing agencies who help recuit nurses to nz they are quite helpful, but you could always follow the route we did and contact DHb direct HTH :D

weejie Oct 8th 2009 8:53 am

Hi there I also contacted the DHB directly,had a call 40 mins later,interview 30 mins after that and I am now here working for Otago DHB at Dunedin Public:eek: Have you looked online at the DHB's websites? try here for jobs in Otago and Southland DHB's

www.healthdownsouth.co.nz

HTH

Phyl x

RobDon Oct 9th 2009 12:02 am

Hiya, I also contacted the DHB directly and applied via the webpage vacancies. It seems a much simpler process this way. HTH. ;)

ragdolls2 Oct 9th 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7 (Post 7996120)
Hi

Hi welcome to the site I'm the same as Tina got my job through Geneva healthcare. I am working in Diabetes research - no jobs in that area so going back to the wards ( my background is gynaecology / surgery 25years) on the north island. I had a face to face interview with the Director of nursing and director of HR earlier this year and was offered a job. Now just waiting for PR visa.
My agency has told me that there are fewer vacancies now due to the recession and NZ nurses are retraining and getting priority, this was also confirmed by another agency. however if you are flexible about the area you want to work in there are jobs still out there. Best of luck :fingerscrossed: do you have your NZ regsitration and APC yet??