Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, however i will ask anyway if you are applying for wtr do you have an interview with immigration too?

for you, however from reading your posts you have overcome every hurdle that they have thrown at you so it is obviously meant to be. look forward to hearing that you have your visas and are on the job hunting jet soon
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:46 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Good question - TBH I really don't know seeing as we've been going for PR from the word go. But give it not too long and I'm sure BEVS or some other fount of knowledge will womble along.

Thanks for the kind words too - it keeps me nice and motivated for the long hours of repeated clicking on the immi website and e-mails that lie ahead!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:14 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

24 hrs later....... tick, tock, tick, tock

Obviously, having Immigration Finger Syndrome, I've been furiously clicking the "refresh" button on Immi's website, but the only thing that has changed is our medical submittal date which is now showing as yesterday!

To be fair, it sounded very, very busy in the background at Immi NZ yesterday so if they do get back to us any time soon then I'll be pretty impressed. Assuming they make the right decision of course.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:32 pm
Lord of The Pies

Default Re: Testicular cancer - I will be let in!!!

Note the subtle change in post title. Brace yourselves - we're COMING!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teeym
Note the subtle thread title change from this point onwards. Brace yourselves - we're COMING!
WELL DONE! CONGRATULATIONS! ALL WORTH IT ISN'T IT?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:42 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

yay yay yay!! Congrats! Is it full on PR that you've got (or is it the not quite a good feeling WTR like we got?)

Although now I hear they're letting any old rif raf in, maybe I don't want to go after all!!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:02 pm
Lord of The Pies

It was a very nice surprise to see our status showing "Visa - Resident - APPROVED" on only my 574th check of the day.

I think this means PR, but not counting the chickens just yet?

The process has been helped no end by all of the wonderful people on here who have been kind enough to offer their supportive comments and top drawer advice which has done a sterling job of keeping the chins up in moments of severe visa-induced stress.

Strangely enough, literally seconds before I checked SWMBO had e-mailed me details of the first job in ages she's been sent from Hays in Auckland! Looks a good one too. Could this be a sign?!?

Anyone want to buy a house? It's a really nice one.

Last edited by teeym; Mar 30th 2010 at 2:59 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:05 pm
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by shelloid
Although now I hear they're letting any old rif raf in, maybe I don't want to go after all!!
Less of the "old" by the way.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:08 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it says approved I would think that is PR not WTR - our residence application still says pending but we have 'approved' next to visa: work...which was never even there before.

Congratulations!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice

conrgrats told you it is meant to be

well done hope we not too far behind
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you. I've been waiting with bated breath to see the outcome, but not half as anxious as you must have been!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:58 pm
Lord of The Pies

Cheers all! I may have been a teensy weensy bit anxious at one or two points.

My fingers are remaining firmly crossed for all you peeps not far behind in the process. Your time is coming!

Scheduled trip to the gym has been abandoned tonight in favour of .

The real challenge at the moment is to maintain my air of calm serenity in the office this afternoon. All I currently want to be doing is running around, screaming and drinking .
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

drinks all round
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi teeym fantastic news well deserved
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Congratulations teeym!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.