Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:36 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Only just found and read this thread. You are a seriously funny writer, Hope you hear good news soon and get here before the summer is over. Best of luck Bevissa
Thanks Bevissa!

Much as I'd love to get out to NZ double quick (ideally yesterday), a few delays can always be put to good use. We still need to get rid of current house and find a new "renter", so the more time we can devote to that the better. Also, I've now convinced SWMBO that it'll be a good 6 months before we go anywhere and I should therefore be allowed to chop my manky old estate in for a manky slightly newer estate before it terminally breaks and costs me a fortune to repair. This will therefore allow me to get the Alfa Romeo "thing" out of my system before new life in the land of the long white cloud consigns me to an eternity of Toyotarisation. (unless anyone knows a useful contact for me to re-pursue my dream of automotive journalism?)

And while it would be super nice to get out in time for the back end of summer, I can't help but think that having a whole winter to build SWMBO up to the idea of regular sun cream use wouldn't be a bad thing either. She's rather averse to the stuff and getting her to wear it is a bit like trying to thread a camel through the eye of a needle. It can be done, but is going to end up being very messy and time consuming*.

*and painful for any camels involved
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:16 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Toyotarisation so true. I've wanted to change my car for the past year and probably still will if I can, it's a long haul till we get there (if we do).

I keep checking this thread to see if you have any news, hopefully very good news soon!

Good luck with the sunscreen training it's very important, I've read the sun there is quite intense.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 11:33 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeym
Thanks Bevissa!

Much as I'd love to get out to NZ double quick (ideally yesterday), a few delays can always be put to good use. We still need to get rid of current house and find a new "renter", so the more time we can devote to that the better. Also, I've now convinced SWMBO that it'll be a good 6 months before we go anywhere and I should therefore be allowed to chop my manky old estate in for a manky slightly newer estate before it terminally breaks and costs me a fortune to repair. This will therefore allow me to get the Alfa Romeo "thing" out of my system before new life in the land of the long white cloud consigns me to an eternity of Toyotarisation. (unless anyone knows a useful contact for me to re-pursue my dream of automotive journalism?)

And while it would be super nice to get out in time for the back end of summer, I can't help but think that having a whole winter to build SWMBO up to the idea of regular sun cream use wouldn't be a bad thing either. She's rather averse to the stuff and getting her to wear it is a bit like trying to thread a camel through the eye of a needle. It can be done, but is going to end up being very messy and time consuming*.

*and painful for any camels involved

Thanks for making me giggle!!
Bx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:11 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm... forgot exactly how long it had been! Slack old me.....

Still, there's really not an awful lot to mention - things are still very quiet on the Immi NZ front, which on the plus side is giving the nice bloke who's put an offer in on our house time to get his shifted , but does mean we're still no further from getting out of this sodding country. And thanks to some little sod deciding to etch things into my car, I'm now more fed up with it than ever......

Still, at least we have Chrimbo and a few days in Brussels to look forward to which should be a bit of fun. SWMBO has also promised that once we get into 2010 she's going to start seriously asking some questions of potential employers which may turn into the catalyst required to speed up the visa process.

Needless to say, when any news comes, you'll hear it here first - but in the mean time have a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and safe New Year!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:33 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... forgot exactly how long it had been! Slack old me.....

Still, there's really not an awful lot to mention - things are still very quiet on the Immi NZ front, which on the plus side is giving the nice bloke who's put an offer in on our house time to get his shifted , but does mean we're still no further from getting out of this sodding country. And thanks to some little sod deciding to etch things into my car, I'm now more fed up with it than ever......

Still, at least we have Chrimbo and a few days in Brussels to look forward to which should be a bit of fun. SWMBO has also promised that once we get into 2010 she's going to start seriously asking some questions of potential employers which may turn into the catalyst required to speed up the visa process.

Needless to say, when any news comes, you'll hear it here first - but in the mean time have a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and safe New Year!
Been wondering where you were!
Good luck with house offer and have a fantastic break in Brussels.
Happy, healthy christmas & New Year to you too
B x
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No mercy . 'Bout time you showed up.

Now have a Merry Chirstmas and A Happy New Year.....
and don't you worry about a Christmas Avatar & a gazzillion posts about nothing in particular.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi teeym - Best of luck with house have a great time in Brussels tasting all the different flavoured beers should keep you occupied for a couple of days
Wishing you wealth health and happiness for 2010xx
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:21 am
Lord of The Pies

My dear old mother always used to tell me that if you don't have anything important to say, it's probably best to shut up. So I have. Sadly I still don't have anything to say, but thought it best to come and type something so that the very rapid onset of CRS* that seems to have started with me turning into a "30-something" (3 months in and counting) didn't erase my username/password combination for all eternity.

Although, as Immi NZ haven't updated the status of the London processing times for a little while now, we have been able to make a very rough estimate of when we can expect the all important first contact. All things being well, we are hoping they will call by 11:21am on 1st March AND NOT A BLOODY MOMENT LATER.

We're getting our hopes up a little with the house too - we've got two very decent offers on the table and a first time buyer sniffing around (who admittedly has gone very quiet since we played their first offer with a firm and straight bat). This will be the big thing that will hold us back and I'm really looking forward to getting the place moved on.

Well, I say the big thing - getting self and SWMBO on the same flight may prove to be a challenge. I'm all for going via LA with Air NZ because of the practicality of extra luggage allowances that miiiggghhhhht come in useful when relocating your whole life half a world away. SWMBO is Stuart Goddard ( - look it up) that going the other way is better because she likes the idea of flying Emirates and has never been to Dubai.

Mars. Venus. 'nuff said.

Many thanks to all who's left nice wishes BTW - sorry i'm so slack, but work has been hectic and I now spend most of my life traipsing around continental Europe! I'm now going to disappear for months to avoid having to get an Easter avatar.

* Can't Remember Shit

Last edited by teeym; Feb 18th 2010 at 8:26 am.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:16 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Teeym,
Sounds like things are picking upGood news about the house offers, sounds promising.
Will expect to hear from you next at 11.22am on the 1st March then, a minute should be enough time for you to scream, whoop and then log on here to let us all know the good news

As for the disagreement with the flights, each of you could go via your preferred option and you both have a romantic reunion at Auckland airport. Bonus is that you don't have to sit next to the wife for 28hours...AND vice versa
Stuart Goddard took me a few seconds of 'I know that name, I know that name' until the penny dropped

Lots of luck
Sue
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:57 am
Lord of The Pies

Wife? Don't go putting silly ideas in her head.....

But as for the idea of being seperated from poor little SWMBO and leaving her to fend for herself on a flight half way round the world. Totally brilliant. I could even book myself into business class and she'd never find out. Sue - I like your style!

I can't wait to hear from Immi NZ one way or the other - I'm still fairly convinced that there will be a bit of medical to-and-froing, but prepared for that and once we have that initial contact, I'm taking it as the green light to bother them 24/7 until someone gets thoroughly sick of the sound of my voice, gives in and hands over a visa.

11:22 on the 1st it is then!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

11:22 on the 1st it is then!
See you then

Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:25 am
Lord of The Pies

They're late.......

17 weeks to the day (and not far off minute) since our application was formally recognised as lodged. I've found a house in New Plymouth I like, picked my ancient V8 motor of choice from TradeMe, located potential employers for SWMBO and decided what I'd really like to do is buy a honking great big tin shed somewhere and break cars for a living. Now if they can just HURRY UP.....
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

you hear something soon good luck
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:20 am
Lord of The Pies

They're a week late now.......

We have decided that if we haven't heard anything by this time next week, we will be finding our stick of choice and starting the prodding process. Watch this space.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

They're a week late now.......

We have decided that if we haven't heard anything by this time next week, we will be finding our stick of choice and starting the prodding process. Watch this space.

If I sharpen a stick for you can you poke the people deciding on my OH job too??!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.