Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:40 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

Originally Posted by teeym
If you go back to some of the earlier banter with Psychopandy regarding lycra, the word "like" may not be so inappropriate!

TBH I'm just going to wait and see with regard to the bloods as - subject to not being ill on the day - the longer I leave it the better (in theory). I'm not scheduled for any more for my monitoring until January, but they aren't bothered about a blood count anyway as I'm having no more chemo, just tumour markers (which are at normal levels at the last look ). Seeing as a full blood count test is £££ then I reckon I'll leave it until requested and devote my life to the consumption of corned beef, sprouts and Guinness in order to beef up my borderline haemoglobin/red cell count. Heaven help anyone stuck in a confined space with me!
Mmm so thats why gales are forcast this weekend!!

Surely you wouldn't have to pay for check up FBC.....get it done at GP's!!
Got mine checked pre-medical, no probs!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:33 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Well, fingers are now defaulting to "crossed". The ITA went in the post on Saturday morning and - subject to the Communists at Royal Mail keeping some form of service running - it should be arriving with Immi NZ today. Not sure if curry and chocolate cake do your blood count any good, but if they do, then from Saturdays munching I should be well on the way!!

SWMBO is predictably stressed and is grumpily wondering what she did wrong in a previous life be lumbered with Johnny Sick-Note who is proving to be the turbulent waters spoiling her otherwise smooth passage to All Blackville. I'm still quite happily convinced that another quick vial or three of the red stuff will be all that it takes to make matters right, but I'm keeping that to myself for now. Living with the fear of her dream of a new life being shattered before it even begins puts other things which used to seem important (toilet seat up, socks on floor, Guinness powered flatulence etc.etc.) sharply into perspective. This may seem a little exploitative on my part, but like most blokes all I really want is a quiet life and you have to take your chances when they come along.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Wally58 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you feel - I am the spanner in our works at the moment !!
I'm sure my OH was quite suprised when she found that the alchohol she had been plying me with over the years to get the things she wanted - was busily storing itself away in my liver and is now coming back to haunt her
Anyway we're in the hands of our CO at the moment waiting to see if she refers us to the NZ Medical gurus
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:50 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

We're just problematic us menfolk.......

Still, confirmation has just appeared on Royal Mail's website that our potted life history/savings has been delivered safe and sound to NZ HQ. Feeling mildly guilty that we've almost certainly put one of the few functioning posties out of service with a hernia.

This news has been greeted with a wave of paranoia that we haven't sent anywhere near enough relationship "evidence" so I scuttled back home during my lunch hour to dig out the half dozen or so documents that haven't succumbed to the merciless seek-and-destroy shredding regime of SWMBO in anticipation of the request to come. We're now regretting trying to do our bit for the environment by signing up for e-billing from every man and his mutt (damn those promises of free low-energy lightbulbs!).
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Wally58 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just sent 1 joint bank statement & 2 utility bills - one in OH's name and one in mine. We checked with CO before we sent them and she said that would be acceptable.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:52 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to you two it's all so stressful this isn't it?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:49 am
Lord of The Pies

Stressed? Me?

This is the worst part - the waiting! No problems having needles stuck in arms or running around like a mad thing getting documentation together, it's knowing now that we are in the hands of someone else and have to work to their timescale that really gets me tense!!

I just have to keep reminding myself that they are a busy organisation and have a lot of checks to do to avoid any old scrote waltzing into their nice country. This is allowing me to gather together enough patience to realise that there may be one or two delays, that it isn't unreasonable and with the help of a little I may be able to put up with my :curse: job until the end of the day without killing anyone.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:20 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Stressed? Me?

This is the worst part - the waiting! No problems having needles stuck in arms or running around like a mad thing getting documentation together, it's knowing now that we are in the hands of someone else and have to work to their timescale that really gets me tense!!

I just have to keep reminding myself that they are a busy organisation and have a lot of checks to do to avoid any old scrote waltzing into their nice country. This is allowing me to gather together enough patience to realise that there may be one or two delays, that it isn't unreasonable and with the help of a little I may be able to put up with my :curse: job until the end of the day without killing anyone.
Hang on it there Teeym!!!
hope you don't spend too long in Limbo Land!!
B x
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:14 pm
Lord of The Pies

SWMBO has just had a call from Immi NZ - apparently a nice Kiwi chap is looking through our forms now (he confirmed we had managed to send all the required sections ) and is sending us out a confirmation of receipt. Apparently I'm being unreasonable to ask if he can get us processed by the end of the day.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:13 pm
MnB

SWMBO has just had a call from Immi NZ - apparently a nice Kiwi chap is looking through our forms now (he confirmed we had managed to send all the required sections ) and is sending us out a confirmation of receipt. Apparently I'm being unreasonable to ask if he can get us processed by the end of the day.
Hey...thats a good start to your stay in Limbo Land!! wonder if it was nice kiwi chap called Ricky??
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:25 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Stressed? Me?

Tell me about it our EOI was selected then rejected then reselected, now I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop, what else will go wrong with our application

We just have to arm ourselves with a lot of patience! Hopefully we'll get there in the end
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:53 am
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by MnB
Hey...thats a good start to your stay in Limbo Land!! wonder if it was nice kiwi chap called Ricky??

Don't know - SWMBO is the principal applicant and therefore chief correspondant! I'll get her to ask next time (although it may say on the letter). I introduced her to the concept of the interview last night - very grumpy and it took several San Miguel to get her thinking straight again!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:08 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know - SWMBO is the principal applicant and therefore chief correspondant! I'll get her to ask next time (although it may say on the letter). I introduced her to the concept of the interview last night - very grumpy and it took several San Miguel to get her thinking straight again!
you will hear soon and good news

Tina. x
Old Nov 11th 2009, 12:17 pm
Lord of The Pies

Thanks for the guys! Not deliberately avoided replying, just thought I would leave it until the confirmation letter arrived and I had something (no matter how small) worth saying!

Needless to say, it hasn't arrived yet.

However, judging by the Immi NZ website, we can't expect it to be allocated to a case officer until mid February so expect a bit of a blank period on this thread (call it the Chrimbo holiday).
Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the guys! Not deliberately avoided replying, just thought I would leave it until the confirmation letter arrived and I had something (no matter how small) worth saying!

Needless to say, it hasn't arrived yet.

However, judging by the Immi NZ website, we can't expect it to be allocated to a case officer until mid February so expect a bit of a blank period on this thread (call it the Chrimbo holiday).
Only just found and read this thread. You are a seriously funny writer, Hope you hear good news soon and get here before the summer is over. Best of luck Bevissa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.