Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:41 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

One last big thanks to all you nice people of British Expats land!

As this thread was intended to follow my progress and provide a bit of info for anyone going through similar, it seems like a good idea to slap the anchors on it now and sum up for anyone reading for research purposes.

So here we go:

- Yes, you can get into New Zealand with a history of even very recent cancer, but you have to be realistic. The stipulations in their operations manual are very specific and are there for a reason.

- Before you do anything, discuss your plans with your medical team. These guys are the experts and can give you a proper insight into your recovery and the likely timescales and costs involved. This will give you the info your need to make a reasoned judgement as to whether it's worth taking the leap now or leaving it for a while.

- If you take the plunge, get absolutely EVERYTHING you can in writing. You cannot have enough evidence to support your case come medi-panel time.

- Keep your chin up.

- Stick with British Expats! It's very easy to get focussed on this one part of your process as the sticking point, when the reality is it is but one small factor that you have not much sway over. Get stuck in to the bits you can effect! There are brilliant people on here to help with everything, from the technicalities of the move right down to little things that you wouldn't even think about without prompting from the folks that have been and done it all before. And for my money, peoples personal insights about where/what is hot or not are absolutely priceless - it gives you real food for thought.

Most of all - good luck!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

I've only just realised you've won the day. Very many congratulations. It;s well deserved and an inspiration for others.

I'll tweek your title to reflect the change.
Lemme know if you want summat different.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Many Congratulations
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations Teeym

Good to see you got there in the end! Have a celebratory drink or two on me
Old Apr 7th 2010, 8:12 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

How many more of these "one last thanks" will I have to do?!? Keep it coming folks - in the words of the great philosopher R. McDonald, "I'm lovin' it"!

Wicked change to the title BEVS - I feel like Mr Obama!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Congratulations!!! Im really happy for you!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Great news!!!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations i'm soooooo pleased for you

Angela xx
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:32 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Yey!!! well done, as I've said before your sense of humour and attitude have been admirable. Missed out on a lot of your recent posts but so remember the early ones....enjoy the glory mate, you deserve it!!
B x