Temporary work visa Vs WTR Visa

Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

andrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant future
Default Temporary work visa Vs WTR Visa

I have just been offered a job by a New Zealand employer. The job title is IT Systems administrator/Analyst.
Now the company is not an accredited employer however I could apply for a WTR or am I better of with a temporary work visa.
It seems the employer has to do a lot of work when filling out a temporary work visa (employers form) having to prove they have searched for a New Zealand employee. Ect
My other option is to apply under the WTR using the jobs from the Skills Short List. For example my job as an IT administrator would include being a software engineer and systems analyst which is on the skills shortage list. Would this be ok to do as obviously my job title doesn’t say it but my job description/duties will include these types of roles.

I so dizzy looking at all the options please I need your advice.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:00 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary work visa Vs WTR Visa

Get a temp work visa then slap in your EOI once you've started work, for the extra points. Why would you want to change to a WTR one when you can get PR sooner?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

andrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Maz
Get a temp work visa then slap in your EOI once you've started work, for the extra points. Why would you want to change to a WTR one when you can get PR sooner?
I'm going for a WTR as the employer then does not have to seek approval to employ from aboard because my job is on the skills shortage list. So after 2 years I will get PR anyway and I will run a lesser risk of INZ turning my employer down to recuirt from aboard and of course having seen what they (the employer) have to provide for a temp work visa...it's loads and they my lose interest.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:41 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Aah but a work permit binds you to the same employer. Once you have PR you can work for whom you want.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:11 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

^What Maz says. Always go for PR if possible.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:34 am
Maz

Originally Posted by happynz
^What Maz says. Always go for PR if possible.
*polishes nails* happy, I learnt from the best! (by that I mean you. And I still owe you US$50 - PM me your address would you? I meant what I said! )
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Maz
Absolutely blummin completely spot on.

This is sound advice. I hope you follow it.

It is easy peasy for the Employer. Five minutes to fill in one form and attach proof that they tried to get an NZ resident but there was no one forthcoming. No work involved.

If your employer has to seek approval in principle , then your job is not on the skills shortage list anyway. They still have to prove there is no NZ resident to take the job . They still do this via advert proof and training opportunities etc.

Please read THIS