British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Temporary work visa over 56? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/temporary-work-visa-over-56-a-915223/)

Daveyy Jul 23rd 2018 12:24 pm

Temporary work visa over 56?

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to get a temporary work visa if your over 56 ? I dont wish to stay permanently in Nz just work fiorvabout 4months. I’m a radiographer in the U.K. . Thanks Dave😄

MrsFychan Jul 24th 2018 9:39 am

Re: Temporary work visa over 56?

HI Dave, sorry I have tried looking on the immigration website but cannot find anything useful. Your best bet would be to call Immigration NZ direct

Daveyy Jul 24th 2018 10:14 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12537666)
HI Dave, sorry I have tried looking on the immigration website but cannot find anything useful. Your best bet would be to call Immigration NZ direct

Thanks appreciate the reply

mikelincs Jul 24th 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Daveyy (Post 12537216)
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to get a temporary work visa if your over 56 ? I dont wish to stay permanently in Nz just work fiorvabout 4months. I’m a radiographer in the U.K. . Thanks Dave😄

Not too sure whether that would be viable in any case, you would need your qualifications accrediting and I suspect that the cost and time taken might well be unworkable.

Daveyy Jul 24th 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12537682)
Not too sure whether that would be viable in any case, you would need your qualifications accrediting and I suspect that the cost and time taken might well be unworkable.

Hi Mike my qualifications are accredited. I applied for a job as a radiographer 10 years ago and the job fell through. Thanks Dave

mikelincs Jul 24th 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Daveyy (Post 12537686)

Hi Mike my qualifications are accredited. I applied for a job as a radiographer 10 years ago and the job fell through. Thanks Dave

I would check that requirements haven't changed in the last 10 years though.

escapedtonz Jul 25th 2018 10:20 am

Temporary work visas do not carry age constraints for the applicant unlike RV via SMC which maxes out at age 55 years.
If you can secure a written nz skilled job offer and it meets the criteria for the temporary work visa you are applying for you'll be sweet.

Daveyy Jul 25th 2018 10:52 am

That good new thanks 👍