British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Temp WP - Family Stream. Any advice? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/temp-wp-family-stream-any-advice-695105/)

carly5511 Nov 28th 2010 10:06 pm

Temp WP - Family Stream. Any advice?

Hi all!

I have been planning to join my partner in NZ for over a year now. I was delayed as I had to get permission from the court to take the kids out of the country. We got the judgement on Friday, so that's the biggest hurdle over!!

I plan to apply for a one year temp work permit under the Family Stream. My partner has PR and has been in NZ for 8 years. He qualifies as a sponsor. I am now gathering evidence of our relationship. He came back to the UK to live with me for 6 months earlier this year and flew back to the UK for the court case last week so I am hoping that carries some weight. I also have some documents in joint names (bank account, car ins, etc) and have kept phone bills, printed Skype logs and some emails from the last couple of years.

Do you think that's enough? Any ideas on any more things that would be helpful? Also, does anyone know how long these applications are currently taking at the London office?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I've been so focussed on the court case that I am now behind in our visa applications!!

Carly xxx

celeliza Nov 28th 2010 11:55 pm

Re: Temp WP - Family Stream. Any advice?

Hi Carly,

I have just got myself a work permit under partnership (Family stream) for a year. I enclosed things to show both of our names like the utility bills and any other correspondence sent to us, dated photographs including friends and families, travel documents and more importantly, supporting letters from family and friends. I sent out as many photos during our relationship so the more evidence, the better!

I believe the processing time in London is quicker than NZ.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Claire

carly5511 Nov 29th 2010 5:42 pm

Congrats on your visa!!

I have put together a timeline of our relationship and referenced all my evidence within that. Let's hope you get extra points for effort! After months of compiling evidence for the court I have most things to hand!

I am also hoping that the fact we have gone to the lengths of a 12 month court case to get Leave To Remove goes someway to prove our relationship.

I am going to NZ house this week to hand it all in personally. I am taking no chances!! I just cannot wait for my family to be together!

Thanks again,

Carly xxx

celeliza Dec 2nd 2010 10:01 pm

Good luck with your application Carly! Fingers crossed for a smooth process!