British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Telephone interview with NZ immigration - help? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/telephone-interview-nz-immigration-help-533066/)

Jayne and Trev Apr 29th 2008 11:51 am

Telephone interview with NZ immigration - help?

Hi Everyone! My partner and I were allocated our immigration officer about 2 weeks ago and she has emailed us to arrange a telephone interview (we dont have a job offer). Has anyone had this before? If so, any tips on what they ask?

Any tips would be great! Cheers xxxxx :thumbsup:

BEVS Apr 29th 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Telephone interview with NZ immigration - help?

Hey.

There was THIS POST by Em and Ken

why we want to go to NZ
how we've been reaerching the move
what we'll do if we don't get jobs
what hurdles we see in getting employment in NZ
what we know about accommodation
whether we have friends and family over there
and THIS THREAD may help - click the blue type

Good luck

Kimi-Deacon Apr 29th 2008 12:05 pm

OK it was a long time ago that we had interview but hope this helps.
Why do you want to go now.
What do you know about NZ
What do you know about cost of living
Where do you want to live
Have you got family in NZ
Have you got friends in NZ
What have you done to find a job
What will your OH do for work
What barriers do you expect to encounter and how will you overcome them
Why NZ

We didnt have a job offer at the time either so dont worry about that. Good Luck.

Steph.:thumbup:

Jayne and Trev Apr 29th 2008 12:15 pm

Thanks Guys! Its a pity the other half has to do the interview as he is the main applicant as ive done more of the research! Will have to brief him ;)

I will let you know how it goes and put the questions we were asked on here to help others.

Cheers again (I love this forum) :lol::lol::lol:

howden40 May 6th 2008 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jayne and Trev (Post 6282496)
Hi Everyone! My partner and I were allocated our immigration officer about 2 weeks ago and she has emailed us to arrange a telephone interview (we dont have a job offer). Has anyone had this before? If so, any tips on what they ask?

Any tips would be great! Cheers xxxxx :thumbsup:

One of the main questions is can you support yourself financially while looking for employment. You cannot claim assistance for 2 years

Jayne and Trev May 6th 2008 1:36 pm

Hi Guys

Just to let you know my partner had his interview this morning and this thread was really helpful as they asked him all of these questions. He seemed to think it went ok although they asked him my date of birth which after 6 years he still couldnt answer!!!! Hopefully this wont go against us :(

Anyway, fingers crossed, we should hopefully hear soon!:blink::blink:

EmandKen May 6th 2008 4:47 pm

Hi Jayne and Trev
Sorry not been on for a few days but glad you saw my post (thanks Bev). OH had the interview on the Thursday and we found out we had got PR by email the following Wednesday. We also got a letter in the post after that.
Good luck!
Emma

Jayne and Trev May 7th 2008 8:35 am

Thanks Emma, they asked him all the same questions as you put down so that was great. :thumbsup:

When are you heading out there? :D

EmandKen May 7th 2008 5:24 pm

Really glad it helped.
We'd love to go tomorrow but like many others, are having trouble selling our house and would really like to sell before we go. So we are going in to see the estate agents on Saturday and will be trying to figure out how we can drag the viewers round! Fingers crossed, we'll be out there before the end of the year. It'd be fab to arrive in the NZ summer :)
Emma

Jayne and Trev May 8th 2008 8:38 am

Hi Emma

Luckily we havent got the problem of selling anywhere, we decided 2 years ago to live with my OH parents to save money. It would have been nice to have our own place but it has kind of worked out in the end. Fingers crossed we should hear soon and then start planning as we would like to be there by Xmas.

thanks again and good luck with the house

Jayne :cool: