British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Teaching Qualification Pre Assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/teaching-qualification-pre-assessment-754552/)

Irishregers Apr 11th 2012 12:37 pm

Teaching Qualification Pre Assessment

HI guys, ive posted on here a few times and no one seems to be able to answer my query, im hoping someone might know this one.

As previously stated, my wife has a PGCE (Professional Graduate Certifacte in Education) from the University of Plymouth which she gained while completing a SCITT course.

I wanted to double check that this would be sufficient for IQA and also before paying the $748 dollars assessment fee, therefore we are applying for a pre assessment.

Would anyone know if the pre assessment will tell us whether this qualification would be accepted? or what in fact the pre assessment will tell us. I read that pre assessments are only for expression of interests, which is not what we need it for.

Realistically we need to know whether the qualification would pass the IQA as it is needed for teacher registration. I have contacted the NZQA and also the teaching council and no one seems to be able to give me an answer.

All they seem to want us to do is, put the application in, pay the fees, and for it to be declined which happened previously with an Australian application.

Be much appreciative if someone could help shed a little light.:thumbsup:

Thanks

Conor

j19fmm Apr 11th 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Teaching Qualification Pre Assessment

Originally Posted by Irishregers (Post 10000099)
HI guys, ive posted on here a few times and no one seems to be able to answer my query, im hoping someone might know this one.

As previously stated, my wife has a PGCE (Professional Graduate Certifacte in Education) from the University of Plymouth which she gained while completing a SCITT course.

I wanted to double check that this would be sufficient for IQA and also before paying the $748 dollars assessment fee, therefore we are applying for a pre assessment.

Would anyone know if the pre assessment will tell us whether this qualification would be accepted? or what in fact the pre assessment will tell us. I read that pre assessments are only for expression of interests, which is not what we need it for.

Realistically we need to know whether the qualification would pass the IQA as it is needed for teacher registration. I have contacted the NZQA and also the teaching council and no one seems to be able to give me an answer.

All they seem to want us to do is, put the application in, pay the fees, and for it to be declined which happened previously with an Australian application.

Be much appreciative if someone could help shed a little light.:thumbsup:

Thanks

Conor

Hi Conor,have you tried emailing the Ministry Of Education in Wellington? I found them very helpful. Sorry don't know about SCITT passing muster with NZQA.
www.minedu.govt.nz

Good luck

LaBelge Mar 24th 2013 6:12 pm

Re: Teaching Qualification Pre Assessment

Hi Conor,

I am trying myself to migrate to Oz and wanted to get my QTS here before. How did it go for your wife? Were her qualifications and experience enough for the AITSL? I hope you both get to go and live there, it is an amazing country and every day that goes I am sadder and sadder not to be there anymore.

Best,

Fanny