Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Teaching Assistant & Taxi Driver looking to emigrate. Any help please?

Teaching Assistant & Taxi Driver looking to emigrate. Any help please?

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

jazzy j is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Teaching Assistant & Taxi Driver looking to emigrate. Any help please?

my partner and i are both wanting to emigrate asap but as for skills we are to an extent limited
my partner is a teaching assistant (equivalent to level 3/4) and i am a taxi driver with few other skills though i spent 15 years in direct sales(dont wanna go back down that route)
the skilled list asks for teaching assts but at level 7 which is a degree qual.
is it a good idea to go and look for ANY work that is full time and permanent as i have also seen that this can be ok as long as the job is open permanent and offers all the usual benefits etc
does anyone have any help to offer
also we are looking to go to the expo in leeds is it any good and will there be plenty of help for back door entries etc thanx in advance
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future
Default Re: Best route to migration?

Originally Posted by jazzy j
my partner and i are both wanting to emigrate asap but as for skills we are to an extent limited
my partner is a teaching assistant (equivalent to level 3/4) and i am a taxi driver with few other skills though i spent 15 years in direct sales(dont wanna go back down that route)
the skilled list asks for teaching assts but at level 7 which is a degree qual.
is it a good idea to go and look for ANY work that is full time and permanent as i have also seen that this can be ok as long as the job is open permanent and offers all the usual benefits etc
does anyone have any help to offer
also we are looking to go to the expo in leeds is it any good and will there be plenty of help for back door entries etc thanx in advance

Hiya,

We went to the expo and found that thou interested and helpful we didn't need to use an agent - OH qualified under skilled migrant with 155 points. Might be worth your while investing in an initial meeting with an agent to see what routes are open to you - found this on the 'Working in' site http://www.workingin-visa.com/visa-a...t/free/stage-1 - as its free might be worth giving it a go.

Good luck
Laura
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 11:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Teaching Assistant & Taxi Driver looking to emigrate. Any help please?

Originally Posted by jazzy j
Hi there and welcome .

What do you mean by "back door entries" please?